• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 fan hub switch

MATT

I am looking for a A3 fan hub switch. It's the switching device that turns the cooling fan on when the engine reaches 200 degrees. It screws into the thermostat housing and has 2 air lines attached to it. I looked in the tech manuals for a NSN with no luck.

thanks

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This unit is called the shutterstat air valve. I don't know the P/N. It is possible that this could be obtained from Caterpillar. If you contact a Cat dealer, make sure you have the S/N of your engine. There are many variations of the 3116 engine.

R Racing

I had a bad Shutterstat on my m920 . My fan was always on even from a cold start at 19 degrees lol If you can't find it from cat and you know if its a normally open or normally closed and what pipe size I can give you a sorce for them.