• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3, How Sweet It Is. Year?

abh3

Brought the M35A3C home yesterday from Ft. Rucker, lots of $$ but people spend more on Kawasaki Mules... Had to replace the batteries but what a nice ride, the Cat, Allison and Air-o-Matic are niiiiice, haven't gone off roading so we don't know about the CIS, singles and hydraulic winch yet! (I promise I won't grenade THIS winch!)

The serial is 500491, contract DAE07-93-C-R110 and the latest part I can find is stamped 9/95, any suggestions on what year it is for GL?

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet looking ride man. I doubt it cost much more than my last quad. When you think of it like that, the MV hobby is pretty cheap.

Your dog looks a little bigger than mine. :)

abh3

We like big trucks and little dogs. That's Dr. Dre Hamby Rose, an 9 week old rat terrier... (Hey, my kids named the puppy)

The only problems were the soft-top insulation was all decayed and making a huge mess, the Alabama sun has killed both the top and bed cover, and it needed batteries... The inspection report on the windshield was just silly stuff like shock doughnuts cracking (age), an spot of oil here & there, loose mirrors, etc. I paid less than $10k and it's a winch truck with 1567 miles, what the hell, it's only money...

The serial 500491 suggests it was an early A3 IF they all were 500xxx serials, any ideas about that? The winch and rear axle have late '95 rebuild tags, call it a '96?

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We like big trucks and little dogs. That's Dr. Dre Hamby Rose, an 9 week old rat terrier... (Hey, my kids named the puppy)
You got that right. Rat4Spd has a couple Toy Fox Terriers and just got a Rat Terrier before my last visit. I've wanted a smaller dog after all the big dogs I've had but with the wife having three Dalmations already (one is a 125lb monster) I was hesitant about getting another dog. Everyone agreed it would be ok so I got "Connie" (named after the USS Constellation) a Toy Fox Terrier. Damn fine dog, but she HATES big trucks. :)

The big dog doesn't mind, but he's deaf.

I think my next truck will be a 10 ton or an A3.....................

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea wish mine was a tugger but welcome to A3 mile high club. I love mine.
This is what a Deuce is suppose to be. The only trouble I am having is the CTIS unit o the column as I have power to everything up and down.
I was think this CTIS system could be switched over to a flip air switch valve system and the electronics can be eliminated.

Monkeyboyarmy

Dropside:drool: Winch:drool:. ABH3. I contacted the Vehicle Registration Program at Redstone Arsenal.They have most info on all of the vehicles.Mine is sn. 500339.I also gave them the registration number and they determined that most likely it was a 95.I have also seen serial numbers in the 504xxx range that were dated like 91 or 92.But my guess with the tags that you have would be just like you said...95-96.Hope that helps.

EdMontana

The serial 500491 suggests it was an early A3 IF they all were 500xxx serials, any ideas about that? The winch and rear axle have late '95 rebuild tags, call it a '96?

You will find this info if you do a search ....The Extended Service Program (ESP) was done from 1994 to 1999....which really does not make any sense as you will find M35A3's that started in 1993, the 500XXX were the first ones in 1993. Most likely is a 1993 with this serial number as I have seeing 1993 with serial 501XXX .

Regardless of the year, good score;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks