• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 pickup from Barstow, front flat tire

lonegunman

Look close at the photos and throw a bitch to GL for everything missing. Ask for a lower price, full refund or replaced parts.

I made it clear when I bought my truck, I expected it to be "running" since it was advertized as such. They had it fired up and aired up when I arrived and everything but the stolen tools from the storage was there.

More than a few of the GL buyers are thieves and disappearing parts are common. My location was serious about stopping this crap and said as much when we spoke, they made the effort to insure my truck was as advertized. They were great to deal with.

KsM715

The cap to the winch oil tank was clearly there in the GL auction photos.

If its in the GL photos then make a claim with GL before you sign on the dotted line and haul it out of the gate.

Warning: they may simply find you a replacement, give you a refund for the amount claimed for the cap or they may cancle the whole sale.

LORENZ

She's HOME! Changed the batteries, sipheoned out the old diesel, topped off the motor trans radiator and brake fluids and we crept off. Yep crept off...

It was an uneventful drive... almost. I thought I lost 4th gear, I couldn't get above 29mph. I resorted to driving it 21MPH for 2 hour on the way to 100dollarman just south of the base.

At 21MPH you have alot of time to think and look at all those warning stickers. I got to reading the winch stickers again, and noticed that down is off, which is good while commuting, but the lever that the sticker was next to didn't look like the lever in the picture. What? You mean to tell me this big ass lever next to the winch controls is not for the winch?

I drove for 2 hours at 21MPH because I'm stupid. That big lever is for the transfercase. I was driving around in low!!!! IDIOT... I pulled over brought the truck to a slow slow role in Nuetral, eased the lever up and I clicked transfer case into nuetral, on more click and she was in hi.

I drove the rest of the way home to San Diego at 49MPH after stopping at 100dollarman to have his crew change out the front tire for the spare.

100dollarman

She's HOME! Changed the batteries, sipheoned out the old diesel, topped off the motor trans radiator and brake fluids and we crept off. Yep crept off...

It was an uneventful drive... almost. I thought I lost 4th gear, I couldn't get above 29mph. I resorted to driving it 21MPH for 2 hour on the way to 100dollarman just south of the base.

At 21MPH you have alot of time to think and look at all those warning stickers. I got to reading the winch stickers again, and noticed that down is off, which is good while commuting, but the lever that the sticker was next to didn't look like the lever in the picture. What? You mean to tell me this big ass lever next to the winch controls is not for the winch?

I drove for 2 hours at 21MPH because I'm stupid. That big lever is for the transfercase. I was driving around in low!!!! IDIOT... I pulled over brought the truck to a slow slow role in Nuetral, eased the lever up and I clicked transfer case into nuetral, on more click and she was in hi.

I drove the rest of the way home to San Diego at 49MPH after stopping at 100dollarman to have his crew change out the front tire for the spare.

Hey-- you "fixed" the trans!!!! LOL! :p

LORENZ

What's the deal with the Brake pedal and the gas pedal being linked together at very low speeds? I hit the brake and the I can feel/hear a click that engages the gas pedal at the same time. Are the linkages contacting or conected to each other under the cab on purpose?

Hooper

I'm guessing the CTIS will inflate her back up and I can drive off? Would I get so lucky. It sounds like a common problem.

Any tips any of you can swing me. I'm hoping its just an oring that I may be able to replace on the spot. Do they allow guys to wrench on vehicles on pickup? I'd assume they'd have to let you make it rollable to get it on a trailer at least?

I'll share with you my most recent experience in pumping up dead tires with CTIS which occurred this week.

I went to Robins to investigate/preview some M35A3s I was interested in. One of the vehicles had a winch, and two flat tires, one on the front right, and one on the rear. Truck started and ran fine. I checked CTIS, and it read 3psi on the tires. I let the air run up to 120psi and pumped up the tires. It upped it to about 5psi when the pressure dropped to 90psi in the compressor tank and stopped pumping up the tires. It would not make an effort to repump up the tires when it was at 5psi even after the tank pressure came up to a full 120psi. So I cycled CTIS from "Highway" to "off road", or something like that, which was expected to pump the tires up to something less than the desireed Highway pressure of 45psi. When I changed it to "Off road" (someone plug in the correct text naming convention there), which was expected to pump the tires to about 35psi, it started to pump air in the tires again. Tires came up to 7psi. I did this cycling back and forth for about 20-30 minutes, trying to incrementally get more and more air in the tires. I could not hear leaks in them. The back tire filled up completely, hard as a rock, and I gave up on the front when all I could get in it was about 21 pounds. It was enough to get it to a air pump on the premises a couple hundred yards away, but I was thinking if it would not hold air from CTIS, but the back one pumped up fully, then even if I put air in it from an air hose it would still leak out in no time and the vehicle would be semi-dangerous to drive on the highway at 55mph with only 20psi in the steering tire, and even worse perhaps, on only one side.

CTIS might pump up your tire under any condition, but the question is, will it be enought, and second to that is, will it hold when you are going down the road. I don't like CTIS even though I think it is cool.

Be sure to have a spare and all the tools to change a flat on the road.
Good luck!

What size is the lug nut and do you need 3/4 drive or 1 inch drive?

3dAngus

I've discovered long ago, and am recently reminded, no matter how much you read and how many pictures you look at, no matter how much (good) advice you get, there is no substitute for experience. You can read about it twice and make that mistake. You can experience it once, and never make it again. No worries... everyone's been there at one point or another. Funny story!:beer:

LORENZ

Any of you San Diego boys ready for a meet up at my ranch? We built a trail through the woods and to grandmas house with a bridge, a pond flyby and a good little climb. BBQ lunch on me.

I'd like to compare some of my A3 quarks with another A3 side by side to see if they're inherent issues or are they special quarks that mine has.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks