• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2007

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ill signup for 2 spaces, i plan to go, but ill pay even if i cant go

CGarbee

AMGeneral said:
Count me in!!I'll be on the back row with the rest of the MCMVPA crowd.I'll have either the 816 or the Deuce with the 105(camper)+ 4 wheeler and trailer(for parts running duties).
Looking forward to having you next door again... Missed you last year.
I promiss to not use the phrase "don't worry, we have a wrecker" when talking to East Coast Convoy Participants... :)

I'll be dragging up my M274A5 for parts running duties as well... Not sure what else I'll be driving as I don't know if my buddy Chuck will be able to go next year or not. We have talked about him driving my M35A2C with M104 with me in the M37 with the M101A1 in tow...

davemccoull

Could you guys tell me exactly were Aberdeen is? I want to visit next year as a holiday.
Which is best airport to fly into, and motels nearby. Is it S. Dakota.
Thanks
Dave.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
thank you, that would be great,
hope we have a bunch of ga. boys going and of course kenny (r4x4), it would be nice to meet up with other SSers on the way and get us a real convoy going even before we pick up the aberdeen southern convoy

CGarbee

Well, Graham started the Yellow Serial for us this year in Marietta, GA, and claims that he will be participating in 2007. That means that those of you running up I85 will be able to start your march unit early and then join up with the Yellow Serial participants from Western NC around Greensboro. The SC contingent usually has thier hookup with the GA crowd around Charlotte (I77 junction with I 85 area)... Then again, Kenny down in Florida has been twisting arms so that he will have someone to ride with up the I95 corridor - he meets up with the rest of the Serial in Doswell, VA (just north of Richmond) where we spend Wednesday night...

I usually send out route info (preliminary based on early convoy registration) in February... We fine tune the meeting spots up to the eleventh hour...

More info for convoy folks will be on the convoy website (www.eastcoastconvoy.com).

Great to hear that so many of you are thinking about participating. It is a lot of fun, and there is nothing like saftey in numbers...

CGarbee
Convoy Commander, East Coast Convoy

gasser

Re: RE: Aberdeen 2007

CGarbee said:
Well, Graham started the Yellow Serial for us this year in Marietta, GA, and claims that he will be participating in 2007. That means that those of you running up I85 will be able to start your march unit early and then join up with the Yellow Serial participants from Western NC around Greensboro. ...

CGarbee
Convoy Commander, East Coast Convoy
Hey Cabell and gang -
That is correct, I am definitely participating 2007. I had such a great time meeting and convoying up last time - and really enjoyed everyones company. I will be coming from the Atlanta, so we can start one leg of the Yellow Serial group on this end of I85.
I will be driving another CUCV (working wipers this time) and my 101a1 trailer. I am hoping for a large GA turnout.

I would like to request a double space so i can park my truck in the back spot, and keep the trailer and goodies for sale up in the front spot. Mangus, count me in for two.

Thanks all,

-graham

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Aberdeen 2007

Considering that there is such a large contingent coming out of the Atlanta area, I'm considering driving to Atlanta and going from there. Graham, can you make it from Atl to Doswell picking up the NC bunch in a day? I can run 55 all day long but 52 is better, especially on fuel.

gasser

Re: RE: Re: RE: Aberdeen 2007

Recovry4x4 said:
Considering that there is such a large contingent coming out of the Atlanta area, I'm considering driving to Atlanta and going from there. Graham, can you make it from Atl to Doswell picking up the NC bunch in a day? I can run 55 all day long but 52 is better, especially on fuel.
Yeah, this past year I left at Atlanta 9am and met up Cabell at 5pm on the north end of NC, then we drove into VA for the Wednesday night stay. That was approx 480miles (according to my speedo), and then another 60-80 to Doswell. I would say my avg speed was 55.

So yes, we can indeed leave ATL and meet up with the main Yellow Serial group all in one day. May need to leave sooner than 9am though (which I would prefer anyway - beat traffic).

-graham

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Aberdeen 2007

Leaving at 0600 would be good for me too since I have to do a walk around of the truck. Also there will be segments that running 55 won't happen for all of us, especially me with the heaviest of the deuces. Sounds like fun though!

devilman96

You guys are gonna make me drive slow aint ya???

Not to be the wet blanket here but the thread has kinda been hijacked from what Mike was asking... Which is a fairly important bit of questions...

How many of us are going?, how many wish to be parked as a group affiliated as SS members? and how many spaces will each of us want / need?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

More importanly, how many will the rally people GIVE you in ONE block.. Thats the first one to figure out....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks