• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2007

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Aberdeen 2007

Mark, that is a point well worth considering. Since spots are offered to previous renters before the masses, getting them all connected will be difficult. My spots don't have to be adjoined to the group. I'm hoping there won't be any bickering over the spots bought in the lot. With that said, maybe we would be better off letting Steel Soldiers get its spots first and once we know where they are, get our own as close to the general vicinity as we can. We already know where CGarbee and AMGeneral's group will be so perhaps we can work with that. Hey Mike, don't recall how you wanted to do this but what about getting Tony Norton to set aside a certain area if he can, posting it here once the SS sites are reserved and let the masses reserve their own spots set aside. Going this route affords everyone to know exactly what spots are theirs and gets them paying for them on their own. I just wouldn't want to see any bickering over who gets what in a big lot of spaces. Thoughts? Complaints? Gripes?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Aberdeen 2007

Kenny is 100% right. This all sounds good in theory, but what happens when Joe brings his 2.5 ton, and pays the same ammount that Jack who brings nothing but himself? They all pay the same?? I think it is a moot point, as I highly doubt that Tony will be able to get a bunch of spots together. Also, from the show's point of view, they would rather have vendors selling stuff in the spaces than a big camp out in the spaces. Camp outs dont draw buyers. Vendors do. Yeah, the show still gets the same $ for the space, but once the buyers start complaining about the lack of stuff to buy and the camp outs, the show knows who to listen to.... This happened when the show was still on post at APG... They havent forgotten...

Blake

aberdeen

Ill be in my same spaces adjacent to the North Carolina guys; next door to AM General in U1 and T5 (if I remember right)

ah1955

I went to the WAC/B&G web site and if I 'm reading there map right it looks to me that all sites are sold out so but I'll ask my questions anyway.
If I buy the space and bring my deuce can I camp out on that space and is cooking out on site aloud. Could not tell from there web site if this is aloud and reading the post here was no sure would just like to come down a hang out but was not sure what all is available

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can camp on your site and you can cook. You can't drive anything into the asphalt. The sold out stuff is from last year. Look for updates to start at the beginning of the year. I'll be staying on my spot for sure. Hanging around at nite is pretty cool. BTW, no camp fires (bummer).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does a 55 gallon barrel constiture a campfire?

I have several (barrels) and even pallets for them to sit on (so I don't burn my grass when using the barrels for yard debris).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I had pics! there was a feller at Gravelrama that had an octagonal bowl shaped fire pit. Had a big steel pipe on one side with the grill on it. You could raise or lower the grilling grate or swing it off to the side to load or offload your meats. Had to be 6 ft in dia

devilman96

Maybe all of us lumped into the same pile aint a good idea... I can see it now... Logic dictates we all brought ONE grill of biblical proportion because we have to share... whom knows... maybe we all wanna cook a whole pig to ourselves at the same time or something... 10 Trailers of firewood to feed it cause ya know its not good to have to little... it must all be burned cause no one wants to haul the extra weight home... Diesel for ignition, im thinkin there will be a few jerry cans accessible at this shing ding... or... maybe we can use WVO for the sake of the environment... Therefore its ok to use 55 gallons at a time to light er up...

Its down hill from here forward!

Is there a medic amongst us? I am seeing a busy future for you!!! ... Saturn sell surplus burn cream by the pail?

CGarbee

You don't need to worry about the hog cooker, or the other "feed the masses" equipment, I've got that covered... (although I would like to have a kitchen trailer to go along with my other catering gear...). Just worry about getting a firepit together for that evening warmth/social gathering...
A few of my neighbors have been known to fire up a military gas heater or two, but most nights it not too cold...

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I will need two for my duece would I need three if I am towing a trailer or can I count on two stacked deep to go in still hooked up? I can pick which trailer will fill the remaining area. This is pretty exciting for me since I am over 50 now and looking for some things to do when I finally get the fourth child off to life on her own. :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brandon, did your letter or email from WAC say when they were going to open up reservations to the masses?

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to the registration form, spaces are now $55 each :shock: and $25 for each additional vehicle, plus $6 for each additional vendor pass. I hope that price includes one of each for EVERY spot...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the foot traffic that show draws, thats CHEAP! Yes, it is an increase from last year, but from a business stand point, thats still very cheap. And no, it doesnt include a vendor pass for every spot if they follow what they did last year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks