• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2007

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got insurance and registration for the deuce this morning.
Cash outlay: $71.00 total. :)

Also received a engine oil report today, which is not so good, see separate post/thread.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boo rain... Guess we will load up the tarps and such.

My dad wants to do a chili night for Aberdeen, I know the BBQ is on Friday night, so what do you guys think about Thurs. or Sat. night for chili?

Also, we are bringing a projector and DVD player, so if you guys want to watch some movies in the tent, bring your movies!

CGarbee

My vote for chili would be Thursday... The last couple years, after driving up and arriving on Thursday having an "easy" meal at the camp has been good (pasta, chili, etc. where you don't have to work too hard to fix it, and you don't have to clean up after the long drive to eat it).
A lot of folks leave on Saturday, so having something that evening cuts a lot of folks out (although I plan on eating something that evening...). :)

Want me to bring Patton, Sands of Iwo Jima, or Platoon??

m35a2cowner

I 70 at Columbus

Earlier posts had mentioned stopping in the Columbus area for a meeting place. Just curious as to the date and time. Is there a schedule posted somewhere?
Thanks

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Thank you

Woo Hoo the weekend before Aberdeen I can hardly wait just wish the M 52 was ready but the title is still not in. Can't wait to meet all the Great Steel Soldiers. We will be praying for safe traveling and good fellowship for the event.

CGarbee

Thanks for the post about the bridge... Good thing is that we have a bit of "float" in the route schedule just for this sort of thing...
Looking forward to seeing everyone and will have fingers crossed for a smooth trip for everyone.

Pinkie

You are welcome CGarbee. Got insurance yesterday and my Antique tags today. I am happy. Now I have a charging problem but that is for a different thread. I am going to finish tighting up my cargo cover Monday so we can stay dry. Dad and I are going to sleep in the truck so I need it water tight...

CGarbee

Do I need to through my bucket of USMC canvas preservative/waterproofer in the truck??? Made a huge difference in my M35's top's ability to shed water (wish that I had used it before Aberdeen last year...).

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't had much time to "chime in" lately - been trying to get the truck ready for the trip to Aberdeen. Gimpy came over on Saturday to fix a couple of leaky wheels on his 109. Todd Haley joined us to help. I don't know how much work we got done, but we had fun.

Attachments

nickd

I am scrambling to fix/replace the radiator on my deuce. Went for a ride on Sunday am and noticed a small leak in the core. Pulled it out and will drop it off today for repair. Should be ready by Aberdeen but not sure since my daughter graduates from college on Wednesday night. It needs to go in by Tuesday night to be ready for the show

CGarbee

Hmmm, my truck made it up and back last year with a slight weep (don't recommend it), had the radiator out and replaced the following week (after having a local shop rework it)... I'll cross my fingers for you Nick...

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation. :)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Jeff, I'd be carefull of who you let sit in the driver seat of that lone truck. I heard he has a habit of screwing up 2nd and 3rd gears!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, Jeff, the tipper is looking really good. You guys should have a blast convoying to Aberdeen. You gonna drag Todd Haley along? Speaking of Todd, will he be taking over the cargo truck soon for his motorpool? Chris, I'm still looking for a way to bring your towbar in spite of the fact I'm having to fly in.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It would be great if you can find a way to get it there. If not, its no big deal. I'll just have to find another way to get it.