• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2007

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I hope it doesn't rain, I don't wanna get my new paint wet.

CGarbee

cranetruck said:
Is the East Coast Convoy registartion page up and running?

Not yet... I am having trouble getting in touch with Mike Popovitch, the convoy website webmaster...

I am looking for volunteers to help run the convoy (especially the northern serials). I have asked Kenny Engle to be Southern Serial Commander this year (will coordinate routes, meeting locations, and timing for folks headed up from Florida to Maryland).

I have been asked (and accepted) the postion of Convoy Coordinator this year.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a larger section on this site for Aberdeen/Convoy posts instead of having one long Aberdeen thread in the Events section. Perhaps a temporary section?

Meanwhile, back to the original question. Email me, call me, send up a smoke signal to me if you want to be in this year's convoy and I will ensure that you are included.

Thanks,
Cabell Garbee
Convoy Commander, 2007 East Coast Convoy
cgarbee@ipass.net

CGarbee

cranetruck said:
Cabell, when I met Mike in Eureka last fall he had accepted a new job, which involved a lot of traveling and may be on the road.
Thanks, I had a feeling something like that was happening... So, I've gone to "plan B" which really should have been "plan A", and if it all works out will be a long term solution... News will be posted here soon...

mangus580

Cabell, I have been talking with Mike recently, and I am supposed to help him with the site work over the next couple weeks. Maybe me and you just need to work together on it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Excellent news Bjorn. Was wondering if you were going! BTW, one more obstacle out of the way, my time off work has been secured!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe I'll be heading up the southern serial for the convoy. We need to be in Doswell VA on Wed eve so consider that. Once the details are out, I'll advise.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am guessing sometime Tuesday? Am I right? Isn't there an overnight stay somewhere for us Southern guys? Need a room reservation?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
id say early tues, are we going to jwallers or heading to 85 then 95 or?????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, I'm leaving out a few hours before sunrise on Tuesday. If all y'all from the Atlanta area are running across 20 I can get to Florence late Tuesday night. If not I'm going to try to get Clinto to lead the Atlanta march north to meet up with the NC contingent. Customarily we stay at the Best Werstern at Dooswell VA. Rooms never seem to be a problem since this place is at Kings Dominion and they aren't open at the time. Another point to consider. If you plan on getting a room in VA on the Sat eve after the event, you won't. The NASCAR folks will have sucked up every room in the state for the Richmond race. Further info forthcoming.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had anticipated running Hwy. 78 out to I-20 East to head towards Columbia to pick up Jwaller and whoever else. Then heading up I-95 North.

Is there an alternate plan for us down South guys? Let's hear it.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If you all are leaving on Tuesday what day will you roll into Aberdeen? Just want to make sure I am on the same sheet of music as I thought it was starting on Friday