• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABERDEEN 2012 ( Only 192 days away)

joshs1ofakindxj

So a major part of my attendance this year will be seeing the ordnance museum for the first time.

Are there formal tours? Do I have to sign up early due to the crowd?

Also, my 17 year old brother is coming and he does not yet have a photo ID. Will that be a problem? I don't think the museum is on a base but I thought I would ask.

Edit: I just found online that it is on a base and he needs a photo ID unless I misread.

HAWKMAN

Storms, work and family are all conspiring to keep me from loading. I'll be a day late and won't arrive until Wed night late at the earliest. Most likely Thurs. F, F, F, F, F, F, F!!!!!!!!!! and did I say F!
your not alone.....I'm still pulling parts for orders and have to clean the van and load yet..I'm still planning to be there tomorrow afternoon (fingers crossed) also hoping my van makes it, been having issues as of late:mad:

Nonotagain

So a major part of my attendance this year will be seeing the ordnance museum for the first time.

Also, my 17 year old brother is coming and he does not yet have a photo ID. Will that be a problem? I don't think the museum is on a base but I thought I would ask.

Edit: I just found online that it is on a base and he needs a photo ID unless I misread.
Most of the museum pieces have been moved to Fort Lee Virginia. Part of the BRAC (Base Realignment and Closing) program.

You might wish to call the museum to see what they have left.

Whitey

The Ordnance museum has moved, as stated. Used to be a member of their foundation. A good amount of the armor is still in the field because it's either too delicate to move or it was not a priority. The Army did run out of the initial money for the move. The museum building was supposed to be converted to a communications museum at some point due to BRAC. As of last year's rally the lobby was turned into a gift shop for the left over ordnance merchandise and was the only part open.

On another note, every year there are tours for the tank/vehicle/howitzer restoration facility. Ask at the info tent at the rally and someone will tell you the times for the tour, if they're having them this year. It's a neat facility and you can take all the picture you want. ID is a must and there's a designated gate visitors must enter.

Good luck and enjoy the rally!

-Whitey

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for a few decent steel pot helmets. No liners or other parts, just the steel pot. LMK if you're bringing a few....

rfischba1

I've just about finished packing the M103 and the M1008 to the roof with all kinds of gear.
Lots of First Aid water tight boxes $10
Gortex Bivy covers woodland camo.
Patrol Sleeping bags look new. some have tags, with stuff sacks.
Vietman dated sleeping bag covers (new) 1966 1967.
Vietnam dated 2 qt canteens 1967 68.
40 mm ammo cans
7.62 mm cans
sleeping mats
web gear, LBV's new
flight suits new
mechanic coveralls new
BDU's, USMC dress blues, New style AF uniform.
complete front landing leg w/ pintle for M101
M101 camo tarp
ALICE packs w/ frames most are new.
2 - 30 Round camo ammo pouches 2 ea/ new
hydration carry packs new.
1 qt. canteens w/ covers.
2qt. canteens w/ covers, canteens are new.
1 ea complete 5 man crew tent, new in bag.
2 man pup tents.
Ballistic safety / sun glasses

Attachments

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Needed! DRIVERS SIDE Vent window Assembly CUCV

I thought I had this part but don't and need one ASAP!!

I will be up at the show on Sat. and can pick it up then, I bought one off e-bay and it was broke in the same place as my old one!!! I need a good working DRIVERS SIDE vent window assembly for a CUCV, out of a M1009 or M1008 will work.

Thanks, David

cheiser666

I've just about finished packing the M103 and the M1008 to the roof with all kinds of gear.
Lots of First Aid water tight boxes $10
Gortex Bivy covers woodland camo.
Patrol Sleeping bags look new. some have tags, with stuff sacks.
Vietman dated sleeping bag covers (new) 1966 1967.
Vietnam dated 2 qt canteens 1967 68.
40 mm ammo cans
7.62 mm cans
sleeping mats
web gear, LBV's new
flight suits new
mechanic coveralls new
BDU's, USMC dress blues, New style AF uniform.
complete front landing leg w/ pintle for M101
M101 camo tarp
ALICE packs w/ frames most are new.
2 - 30 Round camo ammo pouches 2 ea/ new
hydration carry packs new.
1 qt. canteens w/ covers.
2qt. canteens w/ covers, canteens are new.
1 ea complete 5 man crew tent, new in bag.
2 man pup tents.
Ballistic safety / sun glasses
is that landing gear adjustable style?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I'm loaded after working at it all day without a break. Packing my clothes in a few. Will have to hitch the trailer in the dark in the morning and will hopefully beat the rush hour out of town. I hope to make it to Aberdeen tomorrow night just prior to midnight.

Hope we still have the folklift on site.

HAWKMAN

Evening

Looking for some parts for my "85" M1009

Factory Grille- Don't like the one from LMC

1- Antanna Bracket with Antanna

2- Antanna protector

Rear gate key assembly

Dash

Front black out lights or all of them

Door lock knobs

Antanna hold down (Rope with clip)

Thanks Small Prepper
I will be their Thursday
Small prepper. stop by my sight...I should have the lock knobs/front B/O lights and antenna hold down. I'm in Yellow K-9 K-10 I SHOULD be there tomorrow late afternoon but still pulling parts to complete orders, TX's HAWK:)

joshs1ofakindxj

I'll be looking for a 5 ton tool box (behind the cab) and a 5 ton complete air cleaner that mounts on the fender like on an M818.

CGarbee

The truck is loaded, as is the trailer... :)
I'm getting ready to head out...
Meeting up with Neil and Chuck for the Convoy up through NC, VA, and MD...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks