• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2014

Leaving tomorrow should be there around 9-10 AM. Here's what I am bringing:

M939 ABS Tags, Yellow or White $8.00 each
MKT MBU Fueling Hose NOS $95.00 each
MKT V3 Power Converter NOS $425.00 each
MKT MBU Parts Kits $85.00 each
MKT MBU Hard Copy Manuals NOS in plastic $50.00 each
MKT Overhead Light Sets NOS $325.00
MKT Large Can Opener w/adapter NOS $450.00
MKT Fueling Adapter NOS in original bag $85.00
MKT Winter Skirt NOS $400.00
MKT Wall Set NOS $500.00
MKT Travel Cover Set NOS Green $2200.00

If interested you can PM me today or tonight or call me tomorrow on my cell phone. (973)600-9486. Thanks for your interest.

John

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just got home from Aberdeen and the real treat was dinner cooked by Cabell. Dam he can cook up pork. Good weather, no rain today but it looked like it. Last day..

Badojeep

Drove the H1/ 996 to the show yesterday. Had a great time meeting guys from the fourm. Great show bought alot of parts. Weather was perfect.Tom

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just got home. Busiest saturday in years. Those who left last nite missed out. We had more than the usual amount of a saturday crowd but think the perfect weather was the cause. It was great seeing everyone. This is a great hobby.

panzerwillie

Home at last great time

I had a great time also seen you guys, got home safe with the M931A2 drove all nite cool weather ran around 60 MPH most of the way had to keep a eye on the speedo since i turn the power up even pulling the MAX behind , the lights i got from you Tankersdad work great thank you...
20140509_202414.jpg20140509_202456.jpg

Timberwolf22

Wanted to start off thanking everyone that stopped by at Aberdeen we had a great time with old friends and new ones as well! The shopping was great and as usual we seemed to bring home more than we brought to the event.

The East Coast Convoy dinner was a highlight of the event for us.... the food and the people were top notch!

Unfortunately as a vendor I can say that the sales were not like last year or even other MV shows of this year. We had 8+ vacant vendor spaces around us in our row alone. Our neighbors packed up early on every day and did not even show back up on Saturday. The customer foot traffic was not there and it showed.

So my summary of the show.... good people, good times .... made some great purchases but sales were definitely down.

CGarbee

I had a great time! Didn't sell nearly as much stuff as in past years (I didn't bring as much stuff, but I also noticed a big drop in the number of folks from "outside" the hobby who usually walk by my setup and purchase itmes that aren't vehicle specific-such as ammo cans, fuel/water cans, batteries, generators, stoves, etc.).
Really enjoyed the fellowship, not just at the East Coast Convoy supper on Friday (thanks to all that participated), but also at the event in general. I spent a lot of time walking around and talking to folks...

The ride home on Sunday was uneventful, just the way I like it... :)

Until next time...

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Show was OK. (Not great, not good, but OK) Lots of empty holes in the rows of vendors. The show needs to attract more vendors like the "Aberdeens of several years ago" Not much public there. The portapotties desperately needed to be pumped out by Friday afternoon. Food was good and well priced. Weather was decent.

I had to leave on Friday night due to a family event that if I missed my family would of disowned me, or else I would of stayed.

Bottom line, I will go back next year to see old friends and meet new ones, but something needs to be done to stop the bleeding of vendors from the show.

Last edited:

CGarbee

I spoke to a couple of other vendors who mentioned that they go to a couple of shows (not just MV but car, gun/knife as well) in the month before this one...and that sales at the other shows are so good that they run low on stock. Then, they have trouble replacing stock and don't have much, if anything, to sell at Aberdeen. They then figure that it is either less expensive to just not show up, or to leave early when they depleet the stock that they do bring.
Not sure what the answer is, no matter what date you pick for an event, folks will have an event just before yours or just after...and folks will always have conflicts (familly, etc) no matter what date.

I also talked to one of the host club's volunteers on Saturday night who wanted to know if I had any ideas on how to increase attendance and/or club membership: every idea that I had met with some reason why it couldn't be done...

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know nothing about the arrangement with the stadium, but perhaps if they compacted everyone down, perhaps they could only rent 1/2 the parking lot and cut the cost of vendor spots. $60 for 2 parking spots is a lot of $ for not that much space.. The club seems to be renting a lot of empty spaces......

It would also be helpful if the registration tent was manned past 5PM on set up day. Other shows have someone who can point you in the right direction if you arrive past 5.

Some vendors don't "roll heavy" with "rusty metal vehicle parts" because there is not a forklift onsite, and they need to hand off/onload their parts. Other shows have one available on site for loading/unloading vendors and it works out well. Counting on another vendor to use his forklift to off/on load your stuff isn't the best idea.

The past few years I have seen a downturn in vendor attendance. If something isn't done, I don't know if the show will still be here in 3-4 years, which would be a real shame for the hobby.

I filled out an opinion sheet, but then heard there was an announcement to disregard the sheet, so I don't know what the story is with that.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks