• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABN173's Little Project

ABN173

I'm wondering about the slightly darker shade of the cab top, If/when I paint her tan I may try to pick a shade in between the two shades to kinda help them blend. Either that or go with the cargo shade and just have the cab top slightly darker?

-Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

Just heard from Scott, he was able to secure a medium weight tow-bar with both cucv and deuce feet for me. heck of a price too! ($200)

-Dale

jets1959

Dale, finally got out to see your truck and delivered your tow bar and gear wrench. WOW!!! What a great looking and condition truck!!! Except for the red paint and a very little, little surface rust on the inside of the cab, being very very picky here, you would think it just came out of an army depot overhaul. Ten out of eleven tires still have the nubs on them! The spare is the only non brand new tire, but it to is in good nick. Great deal you thief, you stole this truck! LOL[thumbzup]

ABN173

Dale, finally got out to see your truck and delivered your tow bar and gear wrench. WOW!!! What a great looking and condition truck!!! Except for the red paint and a very little, little surface rust on the inside of the cab, being very very picky here, you would think it just came out of an army depot overhaul. Ten out of eleven tires still have the nubs on them! The spare is the only non brand new tire, but it to is in good nick. Great deal you thief, you stole this truck! LOL[thumbzup]
Thanks Dwayne, I count myself fortunate! Sounds like most of the PNW is getting to see and work on her before I do. lol I'll be home soon though! So Scott got the tow bar from you then? Scott is planning on selling me a set of route clearance lights (but he has not seen all the military bags I have lol) I have couple for him for free but I think we can trade on some of them ;-)

You know I never asked if it had any BII items with it or if I need to buy some. The air hose would be cool.

^Dan/Scott any comments on the BII stuff?

- Dale

AN/ARC186

You'll need an air hose and bottle jack, none of that was with the truck.
you do have a nifty section of fuel hose and a nozzle in the tool box though.
I have the parts list to make a really good standoff air hose.

ABN173

You'll need an air hose and bottle jack, none of that was with the truck.
you do have a nifty section of fuel hose and a nozzle in the tool box though.
I have the parts list to make a really good standoff air hose.
Thanks Dan, I talked Scott yesterday and got a list for Harbor Freight stuff, however I found a inexpensive one on army 6x6 LLC that already had the glad hand total cost $40. (link: http://www.army6x6.net/p/map.html)

Oh I told Scott he could have the fuel nozzle since he has a use for it.

-Dale

Last edited:

ABN173

I may want to:

-add a tank so I can run air tools better
-still need a set of slave cables.
- replace the bench seat with a mini cooper back seat
(Temporary if the family decides to ride with me and sell the the Durango for the move to TX this Fall)
- add a heater
- muffler
-MP3 amp/speaker set-up (if I do this it will be discrete/hidden)
I'm sure the list of stuff goes on and on.....

-Dale

Amram

I am Jealous[thumbzup] That truck is in great shape. Mine I have started paint and preservation while waiting for replacement fuel pump to show up...not sure by the time I knock the rust off how much truck will actually be left.

ABN173

I am Jealous[thumbzup] That truck is in great shape. Mine I have started paint and preservation while waiting for replacement fuel pump to show up...not sure by the time I knock the rust off how much truck will actually be left.
Thanks Amram, I have been wanting one for years now and the opportunity and funds finally lined up. Before it was always lots of trucks but no funds to buy, for the past 6 months I have had some funds but was beginning to think I would not find the truck on my limited budget. It finally lined up! Yes I was lucky buying sight unseen too.

Trying to find some slave cables now and I am appalled at how much they cost now.

-Dale

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks