• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accepting ideas for accessorizing this dump trailer.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailer brakes are overrated. Paint it throw some NDTS on it and hammer down. Last time I pulled a decent load with the deuce. I was towing around 7 tons plus had some weight in the bed. It took over a mile on a slight uphill grade to get up to 30mph.... A deuce is so slow the last thing on my mind is the trailer brakes.
You really posted that.

Jakelc15

Swap in a junkyard semi trailer axle. Then the trailer and truck will have the same lug pattern. Most are rated at 22k lbs+. Or a M105 axle has a 10k rating.
I like the crane idea too

l3oss

Yes it was originally. The last ower said he had near $2000(cad) invested into the new tarping system. And the dump feature is also really handy to have. I do know a guy that is wanting to get rid of a couple semi axles on horse trade. I may have to take him up on his offer. 👌

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need a better overview pic.
Hard to tell how it looks overall.
Small sections look promising.

.....and yes, you do need brakes and now you will also be drawing attention from DOT officers.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, trailer brakes are largely over rated.....until that family of 6 turns into your path. At that point it's trailer brakes or funeral expenses.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks