• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Addendum to site rules - reporting posts

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just want to make users aware of the newest rule placed on the site rules list. Unfortunately we have a member who has earned a month vacation over the matter. The report post feature is there for a purpose. When a post needs attention, by all means, use it. However, do not use it to report dozens of posts simply to stir up conflict.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And please take a few minutes to look over the rules, to refresh them in your mind.

A few have been re-written in more clear terms.

As the site grows, so do the issues and the rules must grow with the site.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does not matter who.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, as the site grows, so has our group of Moderators.

If you hadn't recently noticed, 73m819 is moderating our classifieds forum, and Warthog is moderating our CUCV forum.

Their efforts to help this site is instrumental to keeping it running smoothly.

I expect there will be a few more forum specific moderators added in the near future as well.

And remember, everyone can contribute, by simply being helpful and friendly.

Also, if you've noticed some of the great improvements recently, Patracy is doing a Fantastic job with Admin tasks, fixing old and adding new stuff.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to be a mod! lol yeah right like that would happen lol.rofl

I wanna know its like when your a kid
As much as I like to horse around, somethings need to be taken seriously. And you need to know when and how to do that.

No, I don't see you becoming a Moderator too soon. (but thanks for offering)[thumbzup]

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great, lets keep serious in this thread about the site rules, then.

Ma Duce

ok I'll bite, what is the new rule? I just looked at the rules page and it all looks the same. No ** or highlight of the new rule or NEW after siad addition.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, do not post links, that are known to go dead (ie, GL auctions, ebay,etc). Post the pictures,(not links), that way the thread will be a useful resource later on and not a thread with dead links.

This rule was re-written to be 100% clear.

ABN173

Really??? I have been a member for like 4+ years now and I think I have used the report feature like 2-3 times if that. Most recently was the spam thread to buy veggioil or something similar.

-dale

KsM715

Also, do not post links, that are known to go dead (ie, GL auctions, ebay,etc). Post the pictures,(not links), that way the thread will be a useful resource later on and not a thread with dead links.

This rule was re-written to be 100% clear.

Are you guys going to actually dole out the dicipline (sp?) on this or continue with the "friendly" reminders instead?

Don't get me wrong, I like this being a friendly site and all but without backing up what you put in the rules, people will continue to just post links without thinking its a big deal.

( To everyone wondering, obviously, I wasn't the one banned for reporting posts)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately we have a member who has earned a month vacation over the matter

Are you guys going to actually dole out the discipline (sp?) on this or continue with the "friendly" reminders instead?
YES.

Nobody get banned instantly(for a basic rule violation). It takes time and effort to get yourself banned.

We are a friendly site, and people walk all over the rules, a lot.

Due to many factors, there has to be a happy medium in there somewhere.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got it...[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks