• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Addendum to site rules - reporting posts

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A post where you find something in a post that isn't following the rules or that offends you and you report it.

Sort of like squealing.
I find the CUCV posts offensive, but under the new rule if I report every one of them I get banned.

:driver:

KsM715

Look at the 3 little squares under your avatar. One says ON/OFF, one is the ying-yang thingy, and one is an exclamation point !. The exclamation point is what you click on to report a post. Say someone starts posting a bunch of links to auction. Thats against the rules,so you can either, ignore it, say something in the thread about it, or you canclick on the ! (in that post, not the one in your avatar) and it will open a reply box so you may leave a comment and that is sent to a page that only the Mods have access to and when one sees it, thay can correct the offending member and delete the post. (if needed)

I'm guessing one particular member did not like something another member said and started reporting (flagging) all of his/her posts.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He was flagging multiple peoples posts. Every one of them he could find.

One, two or three are okay. 10+ in 30 minutes, not so okay.

When you are warned to tone it down and choose not to , then things start happening that you won't like. Then you continue to make trouble, you really will not like what will happen.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Also, do not post links, that are known to go dead (ie, GL auctions, ebay,etc). Post the pictures,(not links), that way the thread will be a useful resource later on and not a thread with dead links.

This rule was re-written to be 100% clear.

Yeah, or dog head will say...

Attachments

Marcel

Question for the Moderators

In the "Bug Out" thread we had begun a conversation about past political leaders i.e FDR, Stalin, Ho Chi Minh, Churchill. Would this discussion be deemed as politically oriented or historically oriented? I would like to know if these discussions are off limits in the Conversation Forum. Perhaps if you told me why politics are taboo on this site than I would better understand what conversations are appropriate in this forum.
Thank you for your time.

deuceaid

Banned
Like I said, that is history, there is no way any of us can go back in time and change the fact, I cant make people vote for Joe Stalin, the leader of the treehugger/capitalist movement. and in discusing such historical figures, unless we knew them and they told us face to face, or wrote us a letter stating such, it is all conjecture ( they could have lied to us too, anyone can do that, little kids think they are the best at it)...... otherwise all we can say is look at what they did-- ie history.

edit, I didnt start the so called political discussion, I am just talking about its historical facts,

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perhaps if you told me why politics are taboo on this site than I would better understand what conversations are appropriate in this forum.
I'm not a mod or in any way a spokesman for the site but I can tell you why. If you don't want big arguments there are two topics you avoid, politics and religion. As it is now we all talk as friends on here about MVs. That would quickly change if politics were thrown into the mix.

I can talk politics with the best of them and have had to bite my tongue before to keep from commenting about something political here. I've even been scolded by the mods for opening my mouth on this subject in the past. I do understand it is for the best of the site to not even go there though.

panshark

I suppose with a chaplain's corner, each member can make the decision whether to jump in or not. I may be missing something, because I don't think I've ever tuned in for a webcast sermon from this site.

The bad thing about having so many good friends is that some of them leave this world before you're ready for them to go. Just like Bob Marley said--Good friends we've had, good friends we've lost.

The chaplain's corner is a reflection of this site's good taste. We mourn and celebrate those that leave our conversation circle permanently. I know that a lot of guys here couldn't be dragged into a church, but that doesn't mean that having a fellow Steel Soldier pass is any easier for the stay-home-from-church folk.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks