• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

adding a winch to a non-winch truck

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are putting the winch on a multifuel truck I think the driveshaft is different and may not work on the multifuel. I

The way I understand your post you are getting the complete truck but may only take the winch. If that is the case I'd get the whole thing. You are leaving alot of valuable parts behind. You could buy a towbar and more than pay for it in parts. If nothing else the axles would be worth atleast $800 not to mention the other parts. If I wasn't 3,000 miles away I help you deal with the rest of the truck :wink:.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$500 for the winch or $1000 for the whole truck. I don't really have the time to part it out right now though. Anybody want to buy an old gasser deuce for $1000 without a winch...
Not a bad deal either way depending on the condition of the truck.

jesusgatos

I was (halfway) kidding about selling it. For $1000, I'll probably keep it for a parts truck if the body, chassis and running gear are in good shape. Don't really see how I can go wrong, especially because the seller was cool enough to tell me that they wouldn't even mind storing it for a while for me. I think I'm going to go down and buy it this weekend.

Thanks again for the offer to loan me a towbar Ed. I'll let you know if I end up needing it, but will most likely either try to drive it back or pull some parts and leave it there for now. Of course if I decide to drive it back and that doesn't work out...

Jinx

Dude, it sounds like this truck will be a hassle for you. Maybe you should give me the guy's number and I'll take it off his hands. :razz:

j/k good luck with the purchase.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Joel - Interesting point on the two holes in the bumper. Mine has them also. Are they on all deuce front bumpers, or just winch trucks? According to the first four digits of my serial number (0539), my truck is SUPPOSED to be a winch truck, but it is not; my data plate has the 0539 stamped in it but the data plate says WO/W and it also has the -1616 NSN for WO/W. The data plate also gives my empty weight as 13,000 lbs, not 13,030 an most WO/W Deuces. Think somebody shorted me a few parts when if was rebuilt at Toelle?

I tried looking for the same two holes on pics of Rizzo's front bumper, but he has so much mud up there I'd doubt you could see a 6" diameter hole in his bumper!
Your 539 must be a rebuild like you said. There are 298 M35A2 w/ow in the database compared to 5301 M35A2 with winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks