• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding AC to a CUCV

BKinzey

I'm going to pull the AC out of the '87 Blazer. It has all the parts.

My problem is I'm planning on a turbo and If I go with a stock turbo I'll have clearance problems to work out. I've heard one solution is to use the firewall parts from an S10.

We'll see when I get there :roll: :roll:

NCINIRATOR

I give up because of the 101 different variations, possible problems and general BS dealing with the AC thing. Its something I'll worry about next summer...Anything I have to move or do with my truck I'll do at night when its not 95 degrees!

devilman96

It isn't that hard... Its just a matter of picking a route and going for it. Blazing a new trail is always a pain in the arse but its kinda cool at the same time. There is a always the unknown but there are a lot of factory made parts to be used on a 1009 and yeah I know plug and play is always "nice" but we don't have that luxury.

If you do decide to work it out do everyone a favor and note your choices, take lots of pics, keep track of your modifications and share it with everyone else so that those whom follow can play along too.

If I can cram AC, PS, and 12V into a M35 in the Florida heat a 1009 install should be a breeze!!!

SsjSned

couldnt you just switch over everything to the M1010 setup? 2 different generators on the passenger side of engine and the ac compressor on the drivers side?

az_green

HEY GUYS, LOOKING OVER YOUR NOTES AND RELPYS TO EACH OTHER. I BEEN LOOKING AT PUTTING A/C IN MY CUCV FOR THE PAST YEAR. IN DID LIVE IN AZ BUT NOW LIVE DALLAS TEXAS. THE EASIEST AND BEST WAY I FOUND WAS TO USE A ROOF MOUNT A/C UNIT FROM A POP-UP CAMPER. THE 24VOLT SYS WILL SUPPORT IT. YOU JUST HAVE TO INSTALL A CONVERTER. THE NICE THING ABOUT THIS SET-UP IS YOU CAN BUY A STOCK BLAZER REAR SHELL, SO YOU DONT MESS UP THE FACTORY ONE, AND THEN THE 24VOLT IS ALREADY RUN IN THE CAB ON THE PASS SIDE. SO ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WIRE IN THE CONVERTER AND MOUNT THE UNIT ON THE ROOF. THE ALT'S WILL SUPPORT ABOUT A MAX OF 20AMP (120V). DO THE MATH IF YOU DONT TRUST ME. I WAS ABLE TO FIND A FEW PLACES ON THE NET. I NEVER DID IT BUT IF IT DOESN'T COOL OFF IN DALLAS I WILL VERY SOON. NOT TO MENTION THESE UNITS WILL OUT PERFROM ANY AFTERMARKET UNDER DASH UNIT YOU WILL EVER FIND

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks