• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding PTO to 923A2

Wagoneer

Wireless remote is the end game but getting there is going to be the challenge. I am not so much as interested in having full power at slower speeds but more of the softer engage, Maybe a slower rpm actuator but the that slows down my stopping speed also. I was looking at a air cylinder last night that would have a quick stop when the valve released and I could increase air pressure to slowly engage the winch.

I need to get everything finished where I can operate it by hand and then that will give me all of the travel and force needed to engineer the electronics/pneumatics. I was just seeing if someone has been down the path before and had some lessons learned.

FYI Toby, The PTO worked out great, Thanks a lot. I was dreading it after reading all the stories about how bad it was to install but it went together no problem, took me about an hour to put it on and that was due to the cover gasket ripping and sticking to the transmission. It slid right in from the back without removing anything.

tobyS

Glad it fit with no problems. That's good to hear...I was wondering. Now that you have done it, do you think there is room for a direct mount pump?

Here is another idea since you don't have the pump already.... use a variable displacement pump and a valve that switches directions....basically a hydro-static transmission. When you stroke the pump on, it will ramp up to full flow at a controlled rate (flow and pressure control). The valve would then be closed center 3 position 24vdc. That makes the pump vary the flow and not the valve, the valve is direction only.

Wagoneer

I already have the pump along with everything else except the driveshaft and the cab controls. I am cutting the A1 drive shaft in half and going to lengthen it to the A2 setup so controls are the last item needed to have it operational.

tobyS

Forgot what you had on hand. You're fairly well fixed on MO of operation but please let me know if you come up with something to modify it toward your goals.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks