• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice needed on GP medium

ODdave

Oddly enough, it dosnt smell bad at all. not nearly as bad as my deuce winter fronts. it was wet for just over a week, and did not smell of mildew.

I was going to stitch the small holes and use pliobond w/ new camvas on the bigger ones. Thoughts?

tbearatkin

We used to take 2GPM's and set them side by side then throw threes ropes over one of the tents, tie to the ends and middle of the sides of the other tent and then pull it up on to the other tent then take the other side and tie it to the ridge pole on the inside of the other tent. We would manufacture a long pole to go in the middle to raise it up and tied it off to each ridge pole. This allowed us a larger command post.

You cant use a liner with this process. Those liners help quite a bit in the summer to keep the tents cooler as well as warmer in the winter.

Last edited:

3dAngus

Honestly, I would love to have one just to camp out in it like a big ole kid.

Nothing like the good ole days of fun free living, running barefoot and camping out by a fire, with a big ole tent to hide in.

I'm envious!!

DavidB

We set two up for our our group at IOLA .If you use rebar for stakes check a contractor supply place for rebar plastic safety covers to cover up the ugly beaten ends of the stakes. Might save a nasty shin injury.

ODdave

Well i got it up and dried out. My question now is I would like to biuld a crate to store it in. Anyone know the rough dimentions of the tent folded up? Or did they make a Mil spec box for this? I am searching for info right now, but figured one of you guys might know faster than me.

ODdave

Well finally my dad and I got some time to biuld a box for the tarp and poles. its gonna get a lagre white stare on each end and the NSN steciled on in black before I am done. Let me know what ya think.

Attachments