• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adxavier06's Party Wagon/Weekend Cruiser

Adxavier06

Well so I just recently picked up my first Duece and a Half. Me and the old lady plan to turn it into a nice weekend cruiser and beach party play toy. The duece already had a muffler installed so that was a plus but I think that's the only extra it has on it.

Attachments

Ford Mechanic

Don't know if you've figured this out yet or not...... In the pic of the bed of the troop seats down, if you swing the legs under to the point they contact both the floor and the bed side (the bottom corner), the seats will sit flat. Noticed it in 2 pics so figured I'd point it out. Mine also is going to do beach duty several time a year, it missed going last weekend due to no spare tire and aux. fuel tank yet. It's about a 1 hr drive to the beach from my house but a 2 1/2 hr drive to get down where we want to be away from all the traffic.

Adxavier06

Don't know if you've figured this out yet or not...... In the pic of the bed of the troop seats down, if you swing the legs under to the point they contact both the floor and the bed side (the bottom corner), the seats will sit flat. Noticed it in 2 pics so figured I'd point it out. Mine also is going to do beach duty several time a year, it missed going last weekend due to no spare tire and aux. fuel tank yet. It's about a 1 hr drive to the beach from my house but a 2 1/2 hr drive to get down where we want to be away from all the traffic.
Thanks about the troop seats I had a guy that saw the truck at the beach and pointed that out to me. They are now sitting correctly but thanks for the advice.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like to roll up the sides and rear of the cargo cover but keep it up there for shade. Had it that way at some sand drags a few weeks ago and it turned into a great partywagon. Friends came out of the woodwork to climb aboard and enjoy the shade, cold drinks, plenty of seating, and the elevated view of the races.

I have 395's singled out and it is great in the sand. Even used it to pull the water truck out when it got stuck on the track. Good luck with your progect and enjoy.

Adxavier06

I like to roll up the sides and rear of the cargo cover but keep it up there for shade. Had it that way at some sand drags a few weeks ago and it turned into a great partywagon. Friends came out of the woodwork to climb aboard and enjoy the shade, cold drinks, plenty of seating, and the elevated view of the races.

I have 395's singled out and it is great in the sand. Even used it to pull the water truck out when it got stuck on the track. Good luck with your progect and enjoy.
Thanks! Yeah after I get the tires I styled this week I can't wait to get it back for another beach trip.

Adxavier06

Well after a few days of having the duece I put in a radio. I installing it in the glove box and came out very nice. Now I just gotta figure out how I want to run speakers. I'm wanting a removable speaker system just because the truck we be in storage when not in use so if there was any vandalizing to the truck they won't get the speakers. I was thinking of making like some speaker pods with 6.5 speakers and hanging them from the bar that holds up the canvas can cover. What do you guys recommend?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369934168.093047.jpg

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is already loud enough without adding any more sound. Therefore, I recommend headphones. Two birds with one stone, hearing protection and tunes. A couple of headphone jacks in an inconspicuous place should do nicely. 2 cents

Dipstick

Yeah I'm trying to make sure it's all safe and reliable for some good summer fun.
Safety is number one! My bob weighs 11,440 pounds. I've had to haul him down fast once or twice and I've been surprised/relieved at how strong and straight he braked. The bottom line is strive to drive/anticipate traffic in a manner that keeps you and your Deuce out of panic braking situations. There are some jerks on the road. Expect them. Don't ever tailgate. Slow around curves. Fun is what it's all about. Be safe brother.

AN/ARC186

Well after a few days of having the duece I put in a radio. I installing it in the glove box and came out very nice. Now I just gotta figure out how I want to run speakers. I'm wanting a removable speaker system just because the truck we be in storage when not in use so if there was any vandalizing to the truck they won't get the speakers. I was thinking of making like some speaker pods with 6.5 speakers and hanging them from the bar that holds up the canvas can cover. What do you guys recommend?View attachment 431321
Get some marine speakers and install them in ammo cans, use SPEAKON connectors http://www.parts-express.com/pe/sho...source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla
so you can easily unplug them. works out great, the bigger the ammo cans, the bigger the speakers, don't forget the dynamat!

Adxavier06

Well I was hoping to get the tires mounted this week but didnt happen. I had a tough time finding tubes. But eventually found a place that could get them so this week they should be installed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks