• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adxavier06's Party Wagon/Weekend Cruiser

welldigger

I'm thinking of doing the second alternator myself. Granted I plan on having a pair of 8" subs and 4 6x9 components and according amplifiers. I don't believe there is a converter that can handle all of that.

caliber1

You can get a battery equalizer that will keep up with those kind of amperages, Vanner makes some, as well as some other companies. Also, Pioneer used to make truck speakers that were removable and sounded pretty good too. Just a thought. Nice looking rig too, might hafta look into getting some of those tires.

Adxavier06

You can get a battery equalizer that will keep up with those kind of amperages, Vanner makes some, as well as some other companies. Also, Pioneer used to make truck speakers that were removable and sounded pretty good too. Just a thought. Nice looking rig too, might hafta look into getting some of those tires.
Thanks for the info. I found these tires very reasonably price from a guy in Fort Worth.

caliber1

Just thought I would give you the info, I work on busses for a living, and most are 24VDC, and have EQs to keep the batteries in line to run the 12VDC stuff. I have 11.00 Michelins on my deuce at present but am thinking of going the way you did. The 11.00s are getting hard to find.

welldigger

Can someone point me to what I should be looking for in a battery equalizer and how to wire one up? I have looked into it before but my head ended up swimming. Also where to purchase one would be helpful.

caliber1

Just google battery equalizer, or look on some unnamed auction sites. The vanners have a diagram right on them if I remember correctly.
Can someone point me to what I should be looking for in a battery equalizer and how to wire one up? I have looked into it before but my head ended up swimming. Also where to purchase one would be helpful.

welldigger

Thank you. The reason I really want to avoid a second alternater if possible, is I plan on installing a/c at some point also. The less extra crap I mounted to the engine, the better.

caliber1

I have a vanner that I am going to mount on the back wall of my deuce under the passenger seat. Just three cables to the batt 24V +, batt -, and the center link between the batteries, which would be 12VDC.

Adxavier06

So I found a **** of a deal. Some guy was selling 5 truck-lite 24v LED flood lights. I got them mounted but not wired up yet. How do you guys run your lights on series or parallel? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382564797.679211.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks