• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After looking all summer I finally won an 003 today

Rapracing

I kept waiting and bidding but never got what I felt was a price I could live with. I threw a bid on one today and low and behold I won :D

No I have to go get it and pray until then that there are no major issues with it. Hour meter says 3 hours. Pics look good but I guess you never know what your getting

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics look good but I guess you never know what your getting
You do if you preview and know what your looking at.

Rapracing

With out an in person preview there an numerous things that could be wrong. As I said the pics looked real good. I am in central Pa and it is in upstate NY do an in person was out of the question.

What should I have been looking for?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was at FT Drum, I was just there today and briefly looked at them.

I did not take notes as I was actually looking at other stuff.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I knew 6 hrs ago.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few that I actually looked directly at were drained of fluids and had filter canisters off. I looked in 2 of the fuel tanks and both had an inch or two of water in them. (no big deal really)

That's about all I recall.

Hope you lucked out and get a good one.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends where they came from. Some places drain all fluids(common).

Isaac-1

Good luck on it, if the canisters are missing it is just a good excuse to go ahead and upgrade to spin on filters. I am just a couple of weeks ahead of you in the MEP-003a process, I have been bidding on them for a couple of years until I finally won an auction for one at what I consider an acceptable price a few weeks ago. I now have it running and am working on a variety of hopefully minor issues (it runs, but has high output voltage, and smokes on start up a bit much).

Ike

Rapracing

Good luck on it, if the canisters are missing it is just a good excuse to go ahead and upgrade to spin on filters. I am just a couple of weeks ahead of you in the MEP-003a process, I have been bidding on them for a couple of years until I finally won an auction for one at what I consider an acceptable price a few weeks ago. I now have it running and am working on a variety of hopefully minor issues (it runs, but has high output voltage, and smokes on start up a bit much).

Ike
The canisters are there they are just removed.

How long does it normally take for the lot to show up in your lots won and also for an invoice to post?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The next day, usually.

Isaac-1

Like doghead said, it is usually the next day, typically by noon, but sometimes it is up to 24 hours from end of auction, if longer than that call GL and see if there is an issue. My MEP-003a that I just bought was the slowest of all the non EUC things I have bought from GL with the invoice showing up just over 24 hours from the end of auction.

Ike

Rapracing

This was my first purchase from GL. I had purchased from GSA before.

I got an email at 1:25 saying the invoice was available. It still does not show in my account but they sent a link I can access it at. Stinks I have to pay 7.75% NY sales tax. Should have waited for one in Deleware.

It appears they must have just charged the card I have on file. The invoice is stamped PD In Full but it does not appear on that card yet. Probably after midnight it will be there.

Also, I thought I was seeing where there was an EUC required for these but apparently not?

TucsonVTXF

You are good to go with a paid invoice!!!! no euc needed for a 003a.... You will get it running with the help available on here!!!!

Isaac-1

This was my first purchase from GL. I had purchased from GSA before.

I got an email at 1:25 saying the invoice was available. It still does not show in my account but they sent a link I can access it at. Stinks I have to pay 7.75% NY sales tax. Should have waited for one in Deleware.

It appears they must have just charged the card I have on file. The invoice is stamped PD In Full but it does not appear on that card yet. Probably after midnight it will be there.

Also, I thought I was seeing where there was an EUC required for these but apparently not?
GL's web site has a problem with the invoice tab not updating right (caching problem), your new stuff will sometimes show if you do a forced full reload on the page (shift reload in most browsers). As to EUC's that requirement was dropped a couple of years ago for generators and generators mounted on trailers. Yes, they charge the card on file, or pay-pal automatically that is part of the stuff you agree to in the fine print when you place the bid for items under a certain amount (high dollar items require bank transfers, I am not sure how high that is though, maybe over $10,000 or $20,000). Now you just need to schedule a pickup appointment and get it within the next 10 days or else it reverts back to GL and they keep your money.

Ike

Isaac-1

The correct batteries for the MEP-003a are 6TL's these are very large, somewhat hard to find and expensive, a good alternative is a pair of group 24 batteries turned sideways in the tray plus a spacer on each side. (actually one 24 and one 24R so the positive and negative posts are near each other may work best). My only word of warning is using sideways 24's puts the posts very close to the hold down bracket, so use a lot of care.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks