• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

After market seats or alternate seats for HMMWV / m998 ?

Troy1989humvee

This is great info. Would you be so kind to double check his listing or check with him and too see which year and model did they come from.
Brand new here and thought I'd jump in on this thread for my first try. I just picked up some amazing seats that are the perfect size, have arm rests and fold flat. I'm having the mounts fabricated now and will post additional pics when they are done. These are brand new 2017 takeouts from a Jeep I believe. There is a guy here locally in Phoenix that sells them on Craigslist for $250 a pair, so only $500 to put in brand new leather seats - they take them out for handicap conversions and he has hundreds of different brand new takeouts. If interested PM me and I can put you in contact with the guy. I'm thinking about buying a few sets just to have them available for future projects.
View attachment 673224View attachment 673225View attachment 673226View attachment 673227
Does your friend still have seats available?
Thanks

davykeith

I found these on ebay (removed!)

Do they seem to be a good option? I like the harness seatbelt set up. Doesn't look like they recline any. The stock seat is killing my back at the 90 degree angle. I need some slant to relieve the pressure of the weight of my body on my bad back.

Last edited by a moderator:

orgnal

I found these on ebay (removed!)

Do they seem to be a good option? I like the harness seatbelt set up. Doesn't look like they recline any. The stock seat is killing my back at the 90 degree angle. I need some slant to relieve the pressure of the weight of my body on my bad back.
Looks pretty sweet and seems to have the bolts spaced apart correctly to fit without any modifications. Pricey!

McReddy

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobert

20180313_221000.jpg

Got some of the cloth pacifica seats from dejavueautowerks. $430 for 4 seats shipped.

I copied the mounting brackets posted earlier for the back seats. Still working on the front. They ait up a little high for my taste, but I still have easy storage access.

JoeJrTheBarber

Great thread and tons of info !
I hate to be the odd ball in the room but does anyone else think by putting in "stock" looking seats it kills the Miliraty / purpose built interior look of the Humvee ?
Believe me a aging Skateboarder with a bad back I would love a more comfy seat in my M998 but I cant get myself to install these seats that literally look thrown in.

Anyone look into / source a low back kinda seat that maybe when upholstered would keep the Gov / military look alittle more ?

Dock Rocker

I hate to be the odd ball in the room but does anyone else think by putting in "stock" looking seats it kills the Miliraty / purpose built interior look of the Humvee ?
Believe me a aging Skateboarder with a bad back I would love a more comfy seat in my M998 but I cant get myself to install these seats that literally look thrown in.

Anyone look into / source a low back kinda seat that maybe when upholstered would keep the Gov / military look alittle more ?
Check out Gear Report. Jeff did a write up about some awesome aircraft seat covers he did on his truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhaumann69166

I have seen some seats for the Humvee that are the same style as high back seats but are not as tall. They are about the same height as the original seats but have a lot more padding and a little bit of recline. Another option would be seats from an International Scout II or similar vehicle. Old muscle cars like firebirds, impalas and challengers had low back bucket seats also that would look closer to the original military seats but still offer padding and comfort.

kbriggs346

If anyone is interested I have 4 of the Pacifica seats for sale. I bought them off ebay from the guy mentioned in this post. I planned to put them in an m998 I was purchasing but the sale fell through. They are black leather with cloth center. I am asking 450 shipped with in the US. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can send photos.

Last edited:

joelaw

I think his new number is (480) 634-3618. He lists the seats on ebay and on Craigslist in Phoenix, just search Humvee seats in the Phoenix CL page.

riderdan

Anyone look into / source a low back kinda seat that maybe when upholstered would keep the Gov / military look a little more ?
I'm with you. I think everyone should do what they want to their truck, but I prefer something that's a closer match to the originals. Of course, my truck has the improved driver's seat, which means I'm not dealing with extreme discomfort. Plus, my kids (6, 9, and almost-12) don't care about the original seats in the passenger spaces. They're too young to care about seats that would leave me groaning after 20 minutes.

Anyway, eBay often has military mid-back seats from other vehicles that wouldn't look out of place. The one below is for a deuce and a half, but a search for "military seat" will turn up plenty of options.

s-l225.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks