• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air conditioner install using Waterloo parts

ramdough

Do dryer filters always need to stay upright?

I have never seen them not mounted vertically. I am contemplating putting it on my cab right side step box. But, that would flip over when cab is flipped.

Also, does the trinary switch mount in the top of the dryer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the trinary switch mounts to the dryer.

The receiver/dryer needs to be vertical and needs to stay vertical. It is a refrigerant reservoir and the position of the ports is important as well as there being a sight glass at the top where you can verify liquid refrigerant being present. I used the factory mounting location - it's trivial to bend a bracket with some 1/16" flat bar and attach the dryer with hose clamps.

ramdough

Yes the trinary switch mounts to the dryer.

The receiver/dryer needs to be vertical and needs to stay vertical. It is a refrigerant reservoir and the position of the ports is important as well as there being a sight glass at the top where you can verify liquid refrigerant being present. I used the factory mounting location - it's trivial to bend a bracket with some 1/16" flat bar and attach the dryer with hose clamps.
Thanks! I have a winch, so the factory location may be annoying when restringing the cable. That is my only concern there. But maybe it will work just the same.

ramdough

Well, the Waterloo harness is not long enough for anything but the stock location. May have to look at maybe higher.

ramdough

So, 1/2 x 55 v belt is too short for me. I heard that was the correct size, but there is no chance I can get it over both sides. I think I need another inch or two.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, 1/2 x 55 v belt is too short for me. I heard that was the correct size, but there is no chance I can get it over both sides. I think I need another inch or two.

That's the correct belt. And I can assure you that even the stock military versions require that you loosen the compressor mounting bolts to get the belt on and off. Just the way they designed it.

ramdough

That's the correct belt. And I can assure you that even the stock military versions require that you loosen the compressor mounting bolts to get the belt on and off. Just the way they designed it.
I got a 1/2 x 56 3/8 (I think) and got that on and tensioned.

The upper bracket I have was a bit tight on the compressor for one bolt. I could not have tilted the compressor if I wanted to. I had to start all bolts with the compressor all the way at the bolt heads, then tighten them down. I did not crack my casting, but it made me a little nervous. My wimping Milwaukee ratchet snugged it down no issues, so it did not take too much torque.

ramdough

Ok, my compressor was a new old compressor (2016). I drained the oil and planned to refill it.

It started with 300cc oil.

How much is everyone running? I have the full Waterloo kit.

How much Freon? I heard 60oz (3.75lbs)?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't add any oil - I used what the (sealed) compressor came with and am running 3.75 lbs of R134.

Things that run to the cab and have to tilt with the cab should be routed under the cab hinge with all the factory air lines.

PXL_20230801_040607945.jpg

Last edited:

ramdough

I didn't add any oil - I used what the (sealed) compressor came with and am running 3.75 lbs of R134.

Things that run to the cab and have to tilt with the cab should be routed under the cab hinge with all the factory air lines.

View attachment 902612
Thanks!

Does the return line pop up from there over or under the hinge pipe?

I have the high side in that spot already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks