• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air conditioner install using Waterloo parts

ramdough

Updated pictures:

Here is the filter bracket…..
IMG_7240.jpeg

I planned to mount it on the other side of the bumper plate, but I made it too deep. I will have to dress it up or re weld it another day. Just need it functional.

IMG_7241.jpeg

I have it under vacuum. So far it is holding.

IMG_7242.jpeg

The hoses are all zip tied and everything looks good to me.

IMG_7243.jpeg

I ordered a small ball valve for the heater core lines in case reversing the flow direction does not fix the heat always on issue. I will use it only in hot months if needed.

5/8" Heater Hose Shut Off Valve 16mm OD Brass Ball Valve 90 Degree Turn Full Port 1pc https://a.co/d/5lVY2A6

ramdough

Ok, quick question……

I asked the place I got my hoses from if I needed to do anything since my compressor was a 2016 NOS.

He suggested removing this cover, and manually rotating the compressor clutch center some to lubricate the seals.

Anyone else have any thoughts/concerns? They used star socket head screws which implies to maybe most people should not do that (I have the driver though)….

IMG_7263.jpeg

ramdough

Ok, quick question……

I asked the place I got my hoses from if I needed to do anything since my compressor was a 2016 NOS.

He suggested removing this cover, and manually rotating the compressor clutch center some to lubricate the seals.

Anyone else have any thoughts/concerns? They used star socket head screws which implies to maybe most people should not do that (I have the driver though)….

View attachment 902777
Any one have concerns with removing the cover of the clutch to manually spin it to help lubricate the compressor before I turn this on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramdough

Any one have concerns with removing the cover of the clutch to manually spin it to help lubricate the compressor before I turn this on?

Well. I moved forward and spun the clutch. It did start off feeling “dry” but then after a few turns it smoothed out.

IMG_7275.jpeg

ramdough

Does anyone have these bolts installed? My truck came without, and I could see a need but also it seams that it may be better without to isolate the intercooler from the engine vibrations. In the holes are blue plastic plugs and they appear to have been maybe cat painted in.

IMG_7276.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks