• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Filter 004a

UnReconstructed

Hello Steel soldiers folk,

I have probably overlooked an obvious posting on the board somewhere, but I cannot seem to find a civilian parts number for the air filter for the MEP 004A.

I have the oil and fuel filter numbers, and I got those from this excellent website.

Could one of you RKI's please help me with this?

Thanks in advance......

PeterD

eBay listing Military Generator AIR FILTER mep004a mep005a mep006a | eBay has one for about $90.

IMHO, that's too much! I did research these a year or so ago, and they were commercially available but I don't remember exactly what the details were.

Perhaps in a while I'll pull mine off and carry it down to the local CarQuest store and see if it matches the size of something automotive. That would give a filter the right physical size, then the only issue would be mounting it to the air-filter box which I think could be done with a simple hand made frame. If I find one that fits, I'll post details. If I find one that is OEM, I'll post info as well.

UnReconstructed

Thanks Peter.....I was actually thinking about taking the existing filter, (which I have, its just all varnished up), tearing the pleated stuff out it, and seeing if the Carquest guy might have something that I might be able to cut up and RTV into the sheet metal housing. Maybe one of those super good HEPA filters that are for Hot Air furnaces......

You are right.....$90 is WAAAAY too much. Oshkosh has 'em. Haven't tried Delks yet, tho.

I found a cross reference to a Donaldson P131919....but nobody has it.

PeterD

Well, crap, you're right--no way to buy. I suppose you could message the seller and see if he has any more, but I think the button gets removed when the number the seller lists have been sold. (When we list stuff we have to say a big number, like 500, so that the listing lives for a 'long time'.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks