• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air Filter 004a

UnReconstructed

Hello Steel soldiers folk,

I have probably overlooked an obvious posting on the board somewhere, but I cannot seem to find a civilian parts number for the air filter for the MEP 004A.

I have the oil and fuel filter numbers, and I got those from this excellent website.

Could one of you RKI's please help me with this?

Thanks in advance......

PeterD

eBay listing Military Generator AIR FILTER mep004a mep005a mep006a | eBay has one for about $90.

IMHO, that's too much! I did research these a year or so ago, and they were commercially available but I don't remember exactly what the details were.

Perhaps in a while I'll pull mine off and carry it down to the local CarQuest store and see if it matches the size of something automotive. That would give a filter the right physical size, then the only issue would be mounting it to the air-filter box which I think could be done with a simple hand made frame. If I find one that fits, I'll post details. If I find one that is OEM, I'll post info as well.

UnReconstructed

Thanks Peter.....I was actually thinking about taking the existing filter, (which I have, its just all varnished up), tearing the pleated stuff out it, and seeing if the Carquest guy might have something that I might be able to cut up and RTV into the sheet metal housing. Maybe one of those super good HEPA filters that are for Hot Air furnaces......

You are right.....$90 is WAAAAY too much. Oshkosh has 'em. Haven't tried Delks yet, tho.

I found a cross reference to a Donaldson P131919....but nobody has it.

PeterD

Well, crap, you're right--no way to buy. I suppose you could message the seller and see if he has any more, but I think the button gets removed when the number the seller lists have been sold. (When we list stuff we have to say a big number, like 500, so that the listing lives for a 'long time'.)