• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air hose hookup

Wyattearp

I was wondering about a air hose hookup when i get this thing to rolling again, does it take a standard size airhose and do you hook it up in the back where the rear airline hookups are for trailers when you need to use air tools? Bjorn i noticed you had your air impact in the truck and hose the other day when i was down but forgot to ask you about that set up.
I have so many ideas and questions but i guess one at a time [:)]

CGarbee

You have a few choices for air hoses setups that I know of...
One: My M35A2C has a quick connect (standard air hose fitting) under the glove box in the cab. Fitting is plumbed in with a ball valve that is connected to the line on the firewall, so you have to open the valve to get air. The M35A2 that I have only has a plug in the valve and does not have a connector but I could always snag one and add it if needed.
Two: My M35A2C has a tee fitting just ahead of the large valve at the gladhand on the rear air line (passenger side of the truck) with a smaller ball valve and air line quick connect fitting that the USAF added when they had the truck in order to feed a regular air hose without having and adapter or having to disconnect a trailer.
Three: Use an air hose that has a glad hand on it and just connect it to the fitting on the back of the truck on the passenger side. I got a glad hand with a pretty long hose on it from Army Surplus Warehouse (other dealers and folks on Ebay have them as well) along with some other stuff once, but you can snag a gladhand at your local heavy truck shop or truckstop and add a hose...

baja_power

most of the time I use the quick connect under the glove box.. in winter i use the gladhand so i can keep what little heat the heater produces inside the cab..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks