• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air hose hookup

Wyattearp

I was wondering about a air hose hookup when i get this thing to rolling again, does it take a standard size airhose and do you hook it up in the back where the rear airline hookups are for trailers when you need to use air tools? Bjorn i noticed you had your air impact in the truck and hose the other day when i was down but forgot to ask you about that set up.
I have so many ideas and questions but i guess one at a time [:)]

CGarbee

You have a few choices for air hoses setups that I know of...
One: My M35A2C has a quick connect (standard air hose fitting) under the glove box in the cab. Fitting is plumbed in with a ball valve that is connected to the line on the firewall, so you have to open the valve to get air. The M35A2 that I have only has a plug in the valve and does not have a connector but I could always snag one and add it if needed.
Two: My M35A2C has a tee fitting just ahead of the large valve at the gladhand on the rear air line (passenger side of the truck) with a smaller ball valve and air line quick connect fitting that the USAF added when they had the truck in order to feed a regular air hose without having and adapter or having to disconnect a trailer.
Three: Use an air hose that has a glad hand on it and just connect it to the fitting on the back of the truck on the passenger side. I got a glad hand with a pretty long hose on it from Army Surplus Warehouse (other dealers and folks on Ebay have them as well) along with some other stuff once, but you can snag a gladhand at your local heavy truck shop or truckstop and add a hose...

baja_power

most of the time I use the quick connect under the glove box.. in winter i use the gladhand so i can keep what little heat the heater produces inside the cab..