• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air shift install

tommys2patrick

air shift install

So you can get the air shift upgrade kit. I looked on eBay and didn't see any currently or even recently up.

The NSN for the kit is 2520-00-113-8049 and the part number is 5704132. Looks like:

View attachment 569448View attachment 569449

Eastern has them for $195. I don't see them any cheaper anywhere else.

I have done several of these and I've bent air line (for customers who wanted a very correct upgrade) and I've done it with DOT airbrake tubing. I like the air brake tubing, much easier.

View attachment 569450View attachment 569451View attachment 569452View attachment 569453View attachment 569454

Bending the air line isn't difficult with a good tubing bender but it takes some practice to make your stuff look factory.
Thanks Clinto! Sounds like air brake line might be a better option than copper tubing. If I understand it is a metal material or did I misunderstand? 3/8" dia ? I assume a small hand operated tubing bender would work with it.

Pat

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks Clinto! Sounds like air brake line might be a better option than copper tubing. If I understand it is a metal material or did I misunderstand? 3/8" dia ? I assume a small hand operated tubing bender would work with it.

Pat
The factory tubing is copper. The DOT airbrake tube is a flexible plastic/vinyl/something line that won't require a bender. You can see it here, it's the tube closest to the camera and has the new brass fitting holding it to the side of the switch:

20140118_171842.jpg

If you do copper, this is the bender I use:

370-FH-Triple-Head-180-Tube-Bender.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks