• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air shift switch leaking oil??

blacktop

I just picked up a truck and the transfer case air shift switch under the dash is covered with oil and looks like it has been dripping on to the floor of the truck.:shock: It swells like gear oil. Any ideas as where this is comming from and how to fix it?

poppop

It probably is engine oil and the air compresser probably needs to be replaced. Have not had that problem with an MV but did with a mack. All the air valves leaked oil until I changed the compresser. Bleed the air tanks and see if they have oil in them, if so compresser is bad.

Jake0147

If it's engine oil it came through the air tanks... How'd they look when they were drained. They needn't be literally "full" of oil, but upon draining there would be no choice but to be ample evidence of such. My bet is on transfer case oil. How's the vent working?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think someone posted that they had gear oil in their switch too. Have you made sure the vent is clean and working? I guess pressure could push through the line and pump GO to the switch. Easiest thing to do is pull the vent and check it!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of the trucks I got last year had an oily residues dripping from odd places.
Didn't know what to think..........................

Then one of the National Guard guys told me they sprayed the crap out the trucks with wasp spray and that is what was dripping....:cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks