• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airbrake hand controller 'Trolley valve' install assistance needed.

jimbo66348

The " used in commerce clause is a gray area when the cop states the law where any vehicle over 26,001 lbs. is a commercial vehicle. I humbly stand corrected on the personal use for recreation clause. I was fully aware of the farmer exemption, and the not highway speed exemption, but not the personal use one.

jimbo66348

It says tpv or similar device. Same thing. Different name. It's any automatic device that kills the air to the gladhands, if there's a loss of air to the trailer. Try again.

jimbo66348

Negative. In alot of states as long as you are not engaged in commerce you do not need a cdl. In TN, MS and AR you can drive a 379 Pete and a 53ft step deck as a personal vehicle and no cdl is needed. Even if it weighs 79,999lbs. No CDL is needed unless its engaged in commerce. The states operate on their own laws for transportation

Your truck is not up to standards if you are driving an A2 truck. Your wheels on those trucks are stamped "not DOT Approved" so you better park it.

If your gladhand becomes detached on the emergency side the trailer brakes should lock on the trailer. And glandhands just dont " come detached "

Gladhands can separate, and the lines can blow. This will cause the trailer brakes to lock, and will cause loss of braking and control for the truck. Not a safe situation for anybody. My rims are not stamped, either.

162tcat

Gladhands can separate, and the lines can blow. This will cause the trailer brakes to lock, and will cause loss of braking and control for the truck. Not a safe situation for anybody. My rims are not stamped, either.
That would only really apply to M54 and M809 series trucks which would have a limited breaking with no air. The M939 series trucks have spring breaks so loss of air will apply the spring brakes. You won't be careening down the highway with no breaking ability.

The fact of the matter is these are not commercial vehicles and where never intended to be. If you want to come here and argue with everyone your time here will be limited. Everyone on here is pretty aware of what these trucks can and can't do. If you want to commercially drive something, an old military truck is probably not the best choice. If you want to comb through every page of the law and debate it until everyone is pissed off then why don't we just start talking about politics next. I think it's time to move on from this.

Find a way to contribute in a helpful and non-argumentative way or just sit back quietly and watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That would only really apply to M54 and M809 series trucks which would have a limited breaking with no air. The M939 series trucks have spring breaks so loss of air will apply the spring brakes. You won't be careening down the highway with no breaking ability.

The fact of the matter is these are not commercial vehicles and where never intended to be. If you want to come here and argue with everyone your time here will be limited. Everyone on here is pretty aware of what these trucks can and can't do. If you want to commercially drive something, an old military truck is probably not the best choice. If you want to comb through every page of the law and debate it until everyone is pissed off then why don't we just start talking about politics next. I think it's time to move on from this.

Find a way to contribute in a helpful and non-argumentative way or just sit back quietly and watch.

Not true. You losing a rear emergency gladhand will not cause a decrease of air pressure on the truck side in a 939 series truck. Primary,secondary, and spring tank all have check valves that prevent backflow. The emergency side of the gladhands is charged off the wet tank which as we know is before the other tanks so they would retain air.

162tcat

Not true. You losing a rear emergency gladhand will not cause a decrease of air pressure on the truck side in a 939 series truck. Primary,secondary, and spring tank all have check valves that prevent backflow. The emergency side of the gladhands is charged off the wet tank which as we know is before the other tanks so they would retain air.
The point was more that the M939 series are equipped with spring brakes so in the event of no air the mechanical spring brakes apply. I can't think of any situation in the M939 series where you wouldn't have breaks unless someone caged the brakes. That is one of the biggest benefits of the newer trucks over the older m809, M39 and even the deuce.

74M35A2

I can. If they push the “Spring Brake Override”, then lost air, she’s a runaway train. Rare situation to happen though. It is scary how many people don’t understand what that dash valve does on the M939xx’s. Would be better if not there, or labeled “Spring Emergency/Parking Brake Disable”.

I lost air by driving into snowbanks for fun, knocked my gladhand cover off.

What happened to me Driving a bob tail truck weighing 42.000 with s cam brakes at about 55mph and drove over a piece of rug or carpet it wrapped around the drive line braking a u joint the drive line hit the ground and both air tanks and one fuel tank loosing all air the engine was not running when I did get stopped just over a mile I remember the mile markers when walking back to get the drive line and air tank out of the road diesel was every where the brakes hot and smoking . I told this because at speed air brakes don't just lock speed and weight effects them in this kind of stop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks