• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AL to FL

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK Wreckerman.....Lock up the women and children! I'm heading your way tomorrow. Will call you with an ETA on Saturday morning.

If anyone needs something from his area brought back to my AO, give me a call. I should have plenty of room in the M928.

941-650-2525

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you fill them with battery acid or used paint thinner?

Lord, I apologize, and be with the starvin' Pygmies down there in New Guinea. Amen

Last edited:

3dAngus

Hummm...Are you going up I 75?
I might have an A/C unit where WM might get it to MWMules at the MVPA. Convention in June.

Also one for Patracy which is on the way to WM place.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Pete has the same kind of luck as he did coming to the GA Rally last year; it'll be easier to drive to the next exit if the CUCV is on the ground when the big truck takes a $h!t. :whistle:

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far so good. WM must still have Murphy chained up to those batteries. Will be landing at is LZ in the morning to get hooked up. And YES, experience has taught me to leave the rescue vehicle "on the ground".

Gimpy, I just got the tranny repaired on the 1009, so I'm not interested in seeing how much torture it will take.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under normal circumstances I'd say that Pete was at Wreckerman893's AO getting loaded out but since he's a professional driver, I'd have to bet he's at breakfast. I'm sure Richard and that family of marsupials will post up pics once Pete vacates the AO.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Pete made it here this morning and was hooked up and ready to go when I got back from an errand.

We did have to air up some tires and add some gear oil to the intermediate axle. It has a leaky wheel seal.......he will be watching it on the way back to FL.

I laid out some tools and moved some stuff around in the shop...maybe Murphy will lay for me and leave Pete alone on the trip back.

Here are the obligatory possum pics.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the wheel seal on the truck was leaking but not so much he can't keep up with it.
So, your saying Pete can leak as much as the seal is?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the wheel seal on the truck was leaking but not so much he can't keep up with it.
I wonder if the CUCV is going to be rust proofed by the time Pete gets home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks