• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

alcohol dispenser

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For INSIDE the cab dispersal or under the hood?

The reason I ask is because I ran across a guy who had hooked his 'windshield wiper water' switch to a new pump and stuck a bottle in his glove box. He would open a can of coke and then put it under the dash where he had installed a little spigot. Hit the switch and drinking and driving took on a WHOLE new meaning.

This WAS back in the mid sixties. Hey, if you need a highball that bad, perhaps you should pull over. He just laughed.

houdel

Hey Bjorn - What would you think of mixing an ounce or two of air tool oil, or other light lubricating oil, such as CLP, to the methanol to provide a little lubrication to the top end of the air compressor? It would also make its way to the airpack, and a little lube there wouldn't help either. Of course, eventually the oil will end up in the air tanks and have to be drained out, but an ounce or so per 1000 miles isn't much to worry about. I kind of feel a very light oil mist in the air system might do a lot of good from a lubrication and anti corrosion standpoint. Can you think of any disadvantages?

Also, any way we can get back issues of MVM magazine to get the full story on your alchohol dispenser? Or at least scanned copies of the article posted here?

Thanks, Lee

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lee, if you buy "air brake antifreeze" it comes with additional ingredients. Don't think oil is one of them.
Methanol is a solvent and may negate the lubricating action you are looking for. Probably wouldn't do any harm, though, but no substitute for lubing the airpak directly IMHO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks