• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All the stuff I did to my deuce, right here

Recy Mech

I can't believe I've just read the entire thread. That is one awesome Deuce. What is the crowning achievement besides the actual Deuce is the whole information/tutorial/feedback 'thingy'. If that doesn't motivate I don't know what will.

"I want my toy now!" :sad: Well here's me gunna save like h3ll so I can have my toy and as it's been said before 'imitation is the best form of flattery'.

Bravo to Sewerzuk.

sewerzuk

I had a large hemlock tree that blew down during a storm a couple of weeks ago; It came down across my creek and blocked an easement that a logging company has on my property. I wanted to turn it into firewood before the logging company destroyed it with a trackhoe! I got the chance to use the deuce for a few of the tasks...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbnzrUji3ic[/media]

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a large hemlock tree that blew down during a storm a couple of weeks ago; It came down across my creek and blocked an easement that a logging company has on my property. I wanted to turn it into firewood before the logging company destroyed it with a trackhoe! I got the chance to use the deuce for a few of the tasks...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbnzrUji3ic[/media]
Great job on your truck!

sewerzuk

Sweet job! That truck commands respect!
wow.... I read this entire thread tonight. wow.... you possess a lot of engineering type knowledge. methanol injection, bumping fuel pressure, axle's, gear ratios, incline grades, battery system draws, winches, etc....... wow, thats all i can say.[thumbzup]
I can't believe I've just read the entire thread. That is one awesome Deuce. What is the crowning achievement besides the actual Deuce is the whole information/tutorial/feedback 'thingy'. If that doesn't motivate I don't know what will.

"I want my toy now!" :sad: Well here's me gunna save like h3ll so I can have my toy and as it's been said before 'imitation is the best form of flattery'.

Bravo to Sewerzuk.
Thanks guys!

sewerzuk

Looking for a good name for my rig...hoping to score something that makes a good acronym. Bonus points if the name involves zombies.

Right now, I'm leaning toward:
Six Wheeled All Terrain Zombie extermination vehicle: SWATZ

It isn't perfect though...any ideas?

rronning84

Great names. I love the whole build of the truck, it has inspired me to do a lot of things with mine and as I was sitting here reading the thread in its entirety, I was also ordering some stuff that you have tried including the voltage equalizer and the muffler. I am also doing a water/meth system but I am going to look around some more before I buy one. Thanks for the awesome build.:-D

rronning84

Thanks for the link. I am really liking what I am reading in your thread so far. I actually am not very interested in even running meth. I am mostly just trying to keep EGT's down. My boost and pyro gauges are in the stash of stuff that should be at the house when I get there and I checked to make sure that the fuel had "not" been turned up on my truck before I bought it. I want a nice controlled upgrade.

crazywelder72

i totally understand the pyro and how it is used to dial in the fuel psi/temp but what is the point of a boost gauge? I know what it does but just dont understand how to use it other than read it.

sewerzuk

i totally understand the pyro and how it is used to dial in the fuel psi/temp but what is the point of a boost gauge? I know what it does but just dont understand how to use it other than read it.
The Pyrometer simply lets you know when you're reaching whatever temp limit you've established for your vehicle. I personally never let mine get above 1300 degrees transient (pre-turbo), although I know quite a few people that allow much higher temps without any immediate problems.

The boost gauge probably isn't necessary for anything, in a diesel. But, it can still tell you something (I'm of the opinion that you can never have too much instrumentation). It is a good indicator of engine load, and it also helps during troubleshooting (I've been able to catch a partially clogged fuel filter before it became a real problem just by noticing that my max boost level was down a couple of psi). It can also help to "back up" that seat of the pants feel when you're turning up your fuel. In a diesel, high boost pressure doesn't necessarily cause any kind of internal engine issues (at least not until you get up into the 30+psi range) since a diesel can't run too lean. But, pushing a turbo past its RPM and/or pressure limits can damage it, and the boost pressure gauge can help to prevent exceeding that limit. And, if for no other reason, its fun to watch the needle swing around as that turbo spools up...adds to the cool factor inside of a custom truck.

crazywelder72

thanks for spelling it out for me. i have my pyro up at cyl 2 and i can hammer up a steep long hill in 3rd gear at 30mph 2200rpm and be at 1150˚.

I am sticking a "oil" psi gauge in as a fuel psi gauge after the final to try to use to monitor clogging filters.

eventually i'll get a boost gauge in. just not yet... this clutch job is breaking my bank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks