• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All the stuff I did to my deuce, right here

sewerzuk

I kept meaning to post these pics but summertime has kept me away from my computer :beer:

I drove the deuce in the 4th of July parade in Seaside, OR. I had my buddies from the Jiu-Jitsu gym on the bed...a few kids throwing candy, and 2 of the instructors demonstrating techniques on the pads on the flatbed. It was a lot of fun...we would make it a block or two and the crowd would chant "fight, fight, fight!" I would rev my engine, the guys would do a wild hip toss, and the crowd would go crazy. Will certainly be doing it again next year...

edit: Oh yeah...and the flag I was flying was flown in Afghanistan...

Attachments

shenkmen

Your truck looks great. I appreciate the pictures you've posted. Unfortunately the U.S. flag mount needs an adjustment. This isn't a bash. I'm just passing on what I've learned.

The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-.../54961-info-flying-flags-m35s.html#post633122

United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10

Last edited:

sewerzuk

Your truck looks great. I appreciate the pictures you've posted. Unfortunately the U.S. flag mount needs an adjustment. This isn't a bash. I'm just passing on what I've learned.

The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-.../54961-info-flying-flags-m35s.html#post633122

United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10
Thanks for the info; it never crossed my mind that there would be regulations governing the placement of the flag on an unofficial vehicle. I spent 9 years in the Navy...guess I should have known there is a rule for everything! I had just figured that if I flew it above any other flags, prevented it from getting dirty or rubbing on anything other than the flagpole, and in general displayed it with respect that it would be fine.
I'll make an adjustment for next year.

sewerzuk

Crushed another vehicle last night; used it for Jaws training after I was done. Posted a video here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfevUvm96Cg[/media]

goldwing2000

Banned

The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fenderhttp://
Can't really tell from the pics but it looks like it's pretty firmly fixed to the chassis to me.

Kohburn

Are you familiar with the location of the right, front fender on a deuce? :smile:

are you familiar with the location of the "chassis" on a deuce?

§175. Position and manner of display

• (b) The flag should not be draped over the hood, top, sides, or back of a vehicle or of a railroad train or a boat. When the flag is displayed on a motorcar, the staff shall be fixed firmly to the chassis or clamped to the right fender.
chas·sis

[chas-ee, -is, shas-ee] .

1. Automotive . the frame, wheels, and machinery of a motor vehicle, on which the body is supported.
:wink:

Last edited:

sewerzuk

You betcha!

Let's move further flag comments and questions to the appropriate thread. I don't want to hi-jack this thread any further. Goldwing2000 has already posted there today - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-.../54961-info-flying-flags-m35s.html#post633122

Sorry sewerzuk.
Hey no problem! I always appreciate input. That's why this thread is here!
I'm a firm believer that a US flag flown with respect ANYWHERE on a vehicle is a great thing and the person doing it should be applauded...we'll discuss the location required by code in the other thread :beer:

sewerzuk

Electric winch install

Finally got around to taking a few pics of my bed mounted winch; it is a Warn 18 series 24v 18,000lb (conservatively rated) electric winch. I made up plates out of 3/8" plate and welded them to the framerails. The winch is bolted to the plate with 8 grade 8 fasteners on 2 sides; it isn't going anywhere! I cut a hole in the rear crossmember (where the pintle hitch normally goes), routed the cable through it, and bolted a fairlead on. The license plate is mounted with spring clips to the fairlead and is easily removed for winching.

Attachments

MrArmyAnt

That's about where I put my series 18! Glad to hear its conservatively rated. I got some massive synthetic rope for mine normally used for massive sail boat rigging (same dyneema as the normal stuff just way thicker). I got my series for a steal, 400 dollars brand new. So I then bought a deuce to go with it.

MrArmyAnt

Yeah I ditched my pintle too. My truck bob is almost done with a custom wooden flat bed and some other cool goodies. I'll have a log up soon. I should have gotten two winches but honestly I have never ever needed a winch in the front of the vehicle. Also I'm trying to balance the weight out.

sewerzuk

I got my series for a steal, 400 dollars brand new. So I then bought a deuce to go with it.
This IS a REAL steal! Those winches are listed anywhere from $2100 to $4700, depending on included accessories...at $400 you found a deal no matter what it came with!
The entire winch is set up is built more rugged that their Premium, Performance, and Heavyweight series...a buddy of mine works for them and he was pointing out all of the details on the winch that make it more suited to everyday, 100% duty-cycle, 100% load usage.

MrArmyAnt

This IS a REAL steal! Those winches are listed anywhere from $2100 to $4700, depending on included accessories...at $400 you found a deal no matter what it came with!
The entire winch is set up is built more rugged that their Premium, Performance, and Heavyweight series...a buddy of mine works for them and he was pointing out all of the details on the winch that make it more suited to everyday, 100% duty-cycle, 100% load usage.
That's good to know. I thought it was a low end winch with a high rating. Glad I didn't turn around and sell it.

asgtoolman

I have the same winch mounted behind my front bumper [with a 6" frame extention] with the fairlead mounted below the "notch" in the bumper in non-winch position. I have never even spooled it out; but it's good to know I have it if I need it!
It is a great winch that I picked up one night on e-pay for $1,000.00 with free shipping.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So that's what it's like to be in the fast lane of deuce mods.. enjoyed reading this thread.

Good responsible approach to your work, thanks for posting!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks