• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

M920

More FEMTT Work.....

So you guys are probably getting pretty tired of "FEMTT at work" pics, but here are a few more anyway....lol

I have to say though, that even I am starting to be impressed with the FEMTT's performance at this point. We really put it to the test today by loading it down with about 20,000# of concrete and taking six trips down a 45%, rocky mountain grade!

Today's job consisted of hauling three 20' sections of a temporary cell tower and 18 modular foundation slabs, weighing 6600# each.

This put the FEMTT at just short of 60,000# GVW but to my surprise, it did not seem to phase it at all![thumbzup]

Soni

Attachments

Last edited:

Brian46

Today I'm happy to report, that I finally got all the hydraulic systems on the FEMTT side buttoned up!:roll:

I ran the last two missing hoses (1" hydraulic hoses SUCK, if you try to fish them trough a bunch of tight spaces by yourself....results in lots of "NAVY talk"!!!!) from the control console to the quick connect fitting bracket, under the left outrigger of the MHC.

These are the big ones that will run the DP drag winch on the front of the 'fifth wheel module'. They are controlled from the original M916 winch control valves and will still have the hi-lo speed selection available.

This concludes the modifications to the FEMTT's hydraulic system and the only other hydraulic hoses I have to install are on the module side. THANK GOD!!!!

I got my new Truck Lite LED headlights installed a couple of days ago and had a chance try them tonight.

All I can say is: They truly are amazing! I really like it that low-beam does not turn of when hi-beam is selected and I can see so much farther ahead then before!

With the FEMTT's top speed of 80 MPH+ and all the wildlife around here these will be a big improvement over stock.
Also, these are the second generation of Truck Lite's LED head lights and they are now uni-voltage. So no difference in part numbers and they work on any voltage from 10V to 30V!

Soni
Where did you get the truck lite LED's? I have been looking for a set.

M920

I'm getting ready to order some from NAPA with plugs on them. I'll find the part numbers and put em up.

Dave
Sounds good thanks! NAPA said that they can get all the military Trucklite stuff, but it is all special order from the factory! Probably more expensive as well. They hade the civi ones in stock for around $450 a pair. Got the ones on Ebay for $237 for two!
Also, it was easy to just cut the civi plug off and install the military ends. Even the civi ones are all the 10-30 Volt 'Omni-voltage'!

Soni

R Racing

I have a set that have the standard headlight plug . I got them new off of a Jeep Site. There Trucklites and look exactly like the 24V 1s on my other trucks except for the plug. I bought them for a old ford pickup , But ended up selling the truck. Id love to buy the connector from Napa and put them on my m923 .

M920

Looked at them much closer and they are marked 12v only.
The ones I'm talking about are second or third generation! I will look up the part number of the civi ones that I used tomorrow and get back with you. They are for the JK Jeeps and I know those are Omni-voltage for sure.

Soni

6X6WES

WOW! I just read this entire thread took me three days in between running my shop.I'm new to military trucks but I'm hooked now. I considered my self a fairly good fabricator but my god man you have humbled me to be almost unworthy! I started my fab skills putting small block Chevy's in vega's 35 years ago and now own and run a collision shop so I know my way around a welder , grinder and such but I fell like my stuff is very simple now compared to yours! I'm trying to come up with something cool to do to my 813 cargo but I'm at a stand still now. AWSOME VISION AND SKILL!! I will be following everything you do from now on! fantasic work wes:beer:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, 6x6WES, Soni has a way of doing that. To just about EVERYONE!! Amazing talent and skills to be sure. He gives us LOTS of pictures too. There is some really incredible stuff shared on here.

Shark Bait

It would be cool Soni to have ALL the pictures of your various builds in one place. You do some amazing and inspiring work with very little help. AND OUTSIDE! Lol thanks again for sharing with the rest of us.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks