• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a great video , thank you . I like the guy at the end who is looking for the engine in the front of the Sonimobile , must be here someplace ! LOL

M920

I like that the person that took the video thought that the 'F' in 'FEMTT' stands for 'faux' (French for fake)......out of all the things.....I really never ever thought of THAT!.....:roll: lol

Soni

Mikanator

Whoa!
I hadn't noticed a "limper sticker" on Soni's truck. Does this mean he gets preferred parking where ever there's one of those little blue/wheelchair signs?

(ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSE intended toward anyone with a bona fide handicap.)
What "limper sticker?" I watched the walk around of both the 920 and the FEMMT without seeing one.

M920

One Year Of FEMTT....Now And Then.....

Well,
Since it has been just about a year to the day, that I started the FEMTT thread, I thought I'd post a couple of 'Anniversary' pics....

The CCC 'Donor' on that cold November day, that it arrived at "Skunk works" and still 'disguised' as an AM General M916....and the 'Oshkosh' FEMTT loaded on the same M870A1 now, one year later....:grin:

Soni

Attachments

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of HARD work went into the rebuild , but the result was excellent ! what a great MV and a great Thread , thanks for the ride as they say . So Soni , what's NEXT ! LOL

M920

So what is the drive like, having a cab forward of the wheels on a machine designed to have the cab behind the wheels?
I'm really happy with the way the truck turned out and I feel that the new cab and it's location are an improvement over the original configuration of the truck. It drives very well, is super quiet in the cab and it has a nice precise steering. It is a little bumpy on rough roads so to help with that, I'm going to install a couple of Bostrom air ride seats.

Soni

M920

Lots of HARD work went into the rebuild , but the result was excellent ! what a great MV and a great Thread , thanks for the ride as they say . So Soni , what's NEXT ! LOL
Thanks! Well, I'm not done on the FEMTT. I still have to build all the different rear 'Modules' and attachments. So this thread is still going to 'linger' around for a bit.....lol

Soni

350TacoZilla

Soni, with the jobs you do with the truck and all the places I'm sure you have to maneuver around would it be worth making a setup like the HET's where the rear axle turns? I'm not saying add a 3rd axle to rear but instead replacing rear most one with a steering axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks