• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

M920

Soni, with the jobs you do with the truck and all the places I'm sure you have to maneuver around would it be worth making a setup like the HET's where the rear axle turns? I'm not saying add a 3rd axle to rear but instead replacing rear most one with a steering axle.
It would certainly help off road, but I feel that it would hurt the on road performance at higher speeds unless it could be disabled above like 50 Mph....

Soni

M920

Oh No....My First FEMTT Repair.....

Well, I had a small alternator fire in the FEMTT a few weeks ago and it fried the 24V side of the Leece Neville regulator. I finally found time today to switch it out.

After removing the faulty alternator I was able to see, that the damage was much more severe then originally anticipated! The rear of the aluminum housing had actually completely melted through!
In hindsight.....I'm really quite lucky that it did not catch the rest of the truck on fire, especially since at the time of the 'melt-down' I had not yet installed the fire extinguisher........:shock:

So it was not an easy task to change alternators on the M916-M920 trucks as built, and I can now safely attest to the fact that it did not get any easier in the FEMTT....lol

Here are a couple of pics of the melted down alternator..... never quite seen that before....

Soni

Attachments

Last edited:

M920

Low bid !
Yeah....I could never quite understand the concept of procuring things, that are already more complicated then their commercial counterparts, by honoring the LOW bid!!

Also, I think that the need for waterproofing seems to add another level of failure to a lot of the military electrical components. The water can somehow still get in, but the waterproofing keeps it from getting back out!!!!

Soni

Last edited:

quickfarms

It is supposed to be lowest qualified bidder, but the government makes it almost impossible to disqualify a bidder even if they already have a dozen defaulted contract with the goverment and have never built what they are currently bidding on.

M920

I want it to be one of the "Autobots" of course, but since it is not really an Oshkosh.....I guess "Decepticon" would probably be more appropriate.....:roll:

Soni

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I want it to be one of the "Autobots" of course, but since it is not really an Oshkosh.....I guess "Decepticon" would probably be more appropriate.....:roll:

Soni
How bout you go with autobots and I'll go with decepticons. After all I stole your idea. :mrgreen:

Bighurt

Soni
I don't think your notion of Decepticon is on point.

Everything i know of you tells me you'd side with the Autobots.

"For a time, we lived in harmony. But like all great power, some wanted it for good, others for evil." Optimus Prime 2007

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks