• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison M916 + Mk48 Cab = 6x6 "FEMTT"

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"So yeah guys, I decided I needed a module for when there isn't a module. It is just a flat piece of steel that plugs on there. That's it. That's all it does. Serves no purpose."

I think Drew meant a "directional boring rig" module like we use in the plumbing industry. LOL

God bless
Tony

M920

Can the Chaplain request a Totable and Expandable Chapel Module (with heated baptistery of course)??
Of course! Oh and I could use the crane to deploy the fold down steeple.... :)

Thanks to all for the great (or not so great) suggestions! Now.....seems like all these "Ideas" are no good without the visual aid of some computer generated pics of what these "modules" would actually look like on the back of the FEMTT....

Are any of you computer wizards up for the challenge? Would love to see some pics.....:popcorn:

Soni

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks to all for the great (or not so great) suggestions! Now.....seems like all these "Ideas" are no good without the visual aid of some computer generated pics of what these "modules" would actually look like on the back of the FEMTT....

Are any of you computer wizards up for the challenge? Would love to see some pics.....:popcorn:

Soni
Soni,
I've always admired this Chapel design at the USAF Academy in Colorado.

untitled.jpg untitled 2.jpg

It already seems expandable with its accordion-like "baffles" and has multiple self-erecting steeples.

Just palletize that concept and we'll be good-to-go!

John

M920

Soni,
I've always admired this Chapel design at the USAF Academy in Colorado.

View attachment 510161 View attachment 510162

It already seems expandable with its accordion-like "baffles" and has multiple self-erecting steeples.

Just palletize that concept and we'll be good-to-go!

John
John,

That is an awesome design! It could just lay flat on the 'module' and I could use the "Ship in a bottle" mast erection system to pull it all up and deploy it! So.....does it have to be all glass though? :)

Soni

PWM

Soni
I'm not a wizard but an excavator module would be cool.

Attachments

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,

That is an awesome design! It could just lay flat on the 'module' and I could use the "Ship in a bottle" mast erection system to pull it all up and deploy it! So.....does it have to be all glass though? :)

Soni

Soni,
I suppose we could write the specs to allow tinted Lexan (super plexiglass) to be used in-lieu-of Stained Glass at the manufacturer's (Soni's) option.
John

M920

Almost Done With The Hydraulic System......

Had some time today, and got the quick connect couplers installed for the dump bed and self recovery winch's hydraulic system.
The way it is plumbed, the remote control lever in the cab can be used to operate the dump hydraulics or it can be used to control the self recovery winch. I feel that it is important to be able to run the winch from inside the cab!

Here are some pics of the push-pull selector valve that is used to switch hydraulic power to either the knuckle boom crane or the cab operated valve for the S.R.winch/dump bed and the bracket for the quick connect couplers.

I also ran the hydraulic lines from the S.R.winch over to the quick connect couplers.

I also ordered the 5/8" cable for the S.R.winch and will start fabricating the cable guides the front and rear winch fairleads.....so pretty exciting stuff.....

Soni

Attachments

M920

Soni,
I suppose we could write the specs to allow tinted Lexan (super plexiglass) to be used in-lieu-of Stained Glass at the manufacturer's (Soni's) option.
John
John,
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but after pricing all the "Stained Lexan" that would be needed for the "Air Force Academy Chapel Module", this project (like so many other potentially great military projects) fell victim to spending cut-backs! This is mostly due to the projected downsizing of my motor pool for FY-2014.....I'm really sorry about that John! :sad:

Soni

Last edited:

JarheadMtn

John,
I hate to be the barer of bad news, but after pricing all the "Stained Lexan" that would be needed for the "Air Force Academy Chapel Module", this project (like so many other potentially great military projects) fell victim to spending cut-backs! This is mostly due to the projected downsizing of my motor pool for FY-2014.....I'm really sorry about that John! :sad:

Soni
With some Redneck engineering you can substitute colored Saran Wrap for Lexan and keep it under budget. How about a giant BBQ smoker module? Something that you could put a couple whole cows an pigs in and feed an army.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks