• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison transmission issues on a 1078

carc383

Hello guys I’m having an issue with my m1078. It doesn’t want to go into gear. Pressed all the buttons nothing happens. I press the mode button and the light goes on and off when I press the up and down arrows it give me a y code of d14522 . Any idea of where to start? Would appreciate any input

Ronmar

D1 is the memory location. 45-22 is the code (G solenoid circuit open). You can press the mode button to step thru the 5 memory locations(D1-D5). Write down any other faults in memory A mode on indicator light while a code is being displayed indicates a current fault, no mode indicator = a past fault stored in memory. after you write down all 5 stored codes, while still in diagnostic mode, press and hold the mode button for 10 seconds(controller will beep once at 3 seconds and twice at 10 seconds) to clear all the codes then press both arrows to exit diagnostic mode.

That code if current would cause a do not shift(DNS) condition. If it is not current(no mode light) then your no shift could be as simple as the hand throttle on your A0 is bumped up a little and the RPM is over 750 which will also cause a no shift. Y0u didn’t mention what year and version(A0, A1, A1R)...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Code 45-22 is “open circuit G solenoid”. Definitely results in “DNS” or shift inhibit. Most of the time it’s connector problems. Reseat and clean all your connectors.

carc383

Code 45-22 is “open circuit G solenoid”. Definitely results in “DNS” or shift inhibit. Most of the time it’s connector problems. Reseat and clean all your connectors.
Thank you I will try what you suggested. I appreciate the help
Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks