• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Allison transmission issues on a 1078

carc383

Hello guys I’m having an issue with my m1078. It doesn’t want to go into gear. Pressed all the buttons nothing happens. I press the mode button and the light goes on and off when I press the up and down arrows it give me a y code of d14522 . Any idea of where to start? Would appreciate any input

Ronmar

D1 is the memory location. 45-22 is the code (G solenoid circuit open). You can press the mode button to step thru the 5 memory locations(D1-D5). Write down any other faults in memory A mode on indicator light while a code is being displayed indicates a current fault, no mode indicator = a past fault stored in memory. after you write down all 5 stored codes, while still in diagnostic mode, press and hold the mode button for 10 seconds(controller will beep once at 3 seconds and twice at 10 seconds) to clear all the codes then press both arrows to exit diagnostic mode.

That code if current would cause a do not shift(DNS) condition. If it is not current(no mode light) then your no shift could be as simple as the hand throttle on your A0 is bumped up a little and the RPM is over 750 which will also cause a no shift. Y0u didn’t mention what year and version(A0, A1, A1R)...

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Code 45-22 is “open circuit G solenoid”. Definitely results in “DNS” or shift inhibit. Most of the time it’s connector problems. Reseat and clean all your connectors.

carc383

Code 45-22 is “open circuit G solenoid”. Definitely results in “DNS” or shift inhibit. Most of the time it’s connector problems. Reseat and clean all your connectors.
Thank you I will try what you suggested. I appreciate the help
Mark