• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternative fuel set up a-ok

dmetalmiki

My feul filtering system is complete up and running. very minimal cost and 100% effective. (101% actually!)

I have a centrifuge. tried it...and now not used.

I use a 4 1/2 litre filter case with a circular one micron filter. aprox 14" high by 6" dia.

From a full CBC (1000 ltr) atop another Empty 1000 ltr cbc container..,, runs from top to lower container overnight.

Comes out really nice..clean completely muckless.

I filter waste AQTF or AQTF and W.M.O. sometimes tweaked with 10 gallons maybe 20gallons of "contam. (petrol / diesel. mix.)

Trucks run the best ever on this mix.. HUGE increase in power hill climbing abillity and cruise..hardly any throttle on the 5 ton REO M54-A2 with heavy russian radio (camper) body on ran OVER 12 M.P.G. at 2000 r.p.m. and 50 M.P.H. beltring and back round trip about 350 miles. return trip pulling my newly aquired 4 ton 4 wheel drop deck trailer.

I am really pleased with the set up. as the cost of the container, ellements, piping and clips etc, only came to about £70. all in inc. postage.

Attachments

Tlauden

What kind of centrifuge did you get to try? I've really been considering getting one and heard nothing but good about them. What problems did you run into??

Looks like you have a rather nice system though

a-donof2

I'm still new to all this but I am starting out small. I took a oil pump from a small block ford engine and tapped both ends and installed barbed fittings. Ran it to a dual oil filter adapter from summit racing and put 2 FL-1A oil filter on it(about $7). I run the pump with a cheap electric drill(110v and 14v cordless) with no problems. A average of about 5gpm. All that is for the pre filtering of the oil that goes into my 30 gallon drums. After the drums are full, I stick in about 3 gallons of gas in and mix well and let it set for a couple of days to let all the junk settle to the bottom. I use the same setup again but I add a third filter, this one is a filter housing off a deuce with a 6 micron wix filter(the same ones I run on the truck). Any smaller micron I think is a waste of time. By the time the oil reaches the Injection pump It has gone though 8 different filters. If it is still dirt I don't think the engine is going to care at that point.

P.S. I know everyone wants pics but I don't have a camra right now to take any. After I finish the setup I will post pics. Everyone need time!!!

rolling18

My feul filtering system is complete up and running. very minimal cost and 100% effective. (101% actually!)

I use a 4 1/2 litre filter case with a circular one micron filter. aprox 14" high by 6" dia.

From a full CBC (1000 ltr) atop another Empty 1000 ltr cbc container..,, runs from top to lower container overnight.

I am really pleased with the set up. as the cost of the container, ellements, piping and clips etc, only came to about £70. all in inc. postage.
Where did you get this filter housing??
how much was it?

the metal ones I see are usually a minimum of $500!!!

paulfarber

" I use the same setup again but I add a third filter, this one is a filter housing off a deuce with a 6 micron wix filter(the same ones I run on the truck). Any smaller micron I think is a waste of time"

Better to clog up a filter at your house than on the road.

Filter to 1micron. You will never get stuck because your fuel it TO clean.

I have a 7x32 5micron poly sock inside a 1 micron poly sock and it will easily accept the 10+GPM I am pumping through it. They fit in the hole on top of an IBC tote and work great. Will last 10x longer than any can type filter.

The last part of my filter setup will be a 55gallon drum set up as a dryer (using a fan nozzle to evaporate the fuel. With how dry the winters are in PA, 100F oil should give up and water to evaporation quite easily. Right now I just let it settle in 1 tank, and then polish though the filters in another.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks