• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM/FM Radio + Speakers Installation Questions

69M35A2

[ANSWERED] AM/FM Radio + Speakers Installation Questions

Hey everyone, I currently own a 1969 M35A2 and I've been doing a few fix-er-upper projects to it to get my Deuce back on it's feet and now since it's back in running condition I've been wanting to do a few add-ons to it such as add a AM/FM Radio + Speakers in the cab. If anyone could give me suggestions or ideas on how I would do it, or if anyone has ever did it before I would greatly appreciate it for tips and advice.

For some additional information, the Radio I plan on using is a Aftermarket Sony Radio/Stereo from Walmart and the Speakers are 6x9 Boss Audio from Walmart aswell.

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Unless you modify the exhaust system, I'd forget the speakers and invest in headphones. . . . also going to need an inverter to convert 24vdc to 12 vdc

welldigger

For what your wanting to do I highly suggest a second 12v alternater. Also, you should look into installing a muffler.

PWM

Another option is a 24 volt stereo, I put one in my five ton and it works great. I have a bunch of music stored on an SD card and usually just listen to that. It only cost me about $50 and seems to be holding up good.

Attachments

Alpine head unit and 600w alpine amp. Santa is brining a 8" subwoofer tomorrow to finish off the system. I use earplugs at work everyday (work in a factory) and I also wear them in the deuce. Have been on many road trips with my truck and you can hear the music just fine. It's super nice on wheelin trips in the woods.

http://youtu.be/kLxwsEtEUlI

69M35A2

I think what I'm going to end up doing is buy a 24V Stereo like PWM suggested. Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas guys.

Also PWM, was there any difficulty mounting the stereo or how did you go about doing that?

PWM

I made a U bolt that went around the stereo and bolted to the bottom flange of the dash. The stereo I bought doesn't have a CD player so it is short and really light. I put a piece of rubber around the stereo between the u bolt as sort of a cushion. You could also buy a mounting bracket like for a CB radio and mount it that way, I didn't because I didn't want to spend any more money.

Attachments

FloridaAKM

I have a set like that from Radio Shack that has to be 25 years old or more & still work great! Originally they were in a 73 Chevy car for 15 years or more!
The stereo uses normal speakers, I don't remember the brand but I paid about $50 for a set on Ebay. They work good in my five ton but it is a bit quieter than the Deuce.

69M35A2

I made a U bolt that went around the stereo and bolted to the bottom flange of the dash. The stereo I bought doesn't have a CD player so it is short and really light. I put a piece of rubber around the stereo between the u bolt as sort of a cushion. You could also buy a mounting bracket like for a CB radio and mount it that way, I didn't because I didn't want to spend any more money.
Thanks for replying, I actually just ordered the same Pyle radio online... can't wait to install man!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks