• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General M934 How difficult is it to find repairs & how much will they set me back?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ill give up when im dead ;)
What sim really keep on is the expansible sides. If theres something that comes with the box thats looks interesting id take it. Gotta have that sweet ass roomy box
The expansible van box is also available as a trailer and/or can be made into a trailer. Talk to CSM Davis. I bet he has one or knows where there's one available.

Wreckerman had one for sale awhile back. Not sure if it's still available.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M146 trailer, M923, tow dolly....

There is a guy on here who extended his M916 and perm mounted an M146 trailer on it after removing it from the trailer chassis.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had them before 923 and 923A2 there is no way in he LL I would go back to a straight 923 with duals it's like driving a deuce SLOW the A2 is way way better it pulls trailers like they are not back there.
Alice you really need to drive both before you buy and see which you like best the minute I got to drive the A2 I sold the A0 and bought two A2s

Alice

I've had them before 923 and 923A2 there is no way in he LL I would go back to a straight 923 with duals it's like driving a deuce SLOW the A2 is way way better it pulls trailers like they are not back there.
Alice you really need to drive both before you buy and see which you like best the minute I got to drive the A2 I sold the A0 and bought two A2s

Thats the same case for M934s you recon? I dont really know where id have the option to test drive both but it comes up i would certainly jump on it.

FYI for everyone asking, the reason im quite set on the M934s, is in part the expanding sides lets me use it for a wide (hehe) variety of needs have for the truck to be super functional little command centre of my own, but over all its pretty much the PERFECT size for everywhere i need to fit. I dont see how trailer options and such would suffice but i could be wrong. Im just going with that i know so far. Fuel economy is important but not #1 priority and as far as i know the m934 are not toooooooo bad

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your heart wants what it wants.
A lot of opinions and suggestions will not change that.

Someday you will own one.
Hopefully sooner than later.

Alice

Your heart wants what it wants.
A lot of opinions and suggestions will not change that.
Although sincerely appreciated. I hope everyone here knows that your suggestions are very valuable in my eyes and very much so thought through. Im not solely suborn ;) But of course everyones needs are different and what works for one may not for another so i just hope no offence is taken if it seems like im just brushing off a suggestion for a modification. You guys have been amazing in helping me follow this dream.

someoldmoose

Yer sumthin else lady. Just when I think I have ya figgered out. Wham ! That's awesome. Anything I offer in any post is just THAT. An offering. You know you. You do you. Good on ya mate !

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although sincerely appreciated. I hope everyone here knows that your suggestions are very valuable in my eyes and very much so thought through. Im not solely suborn ;) But of course everyones needs are different and what works for one may not for another so i just hope no offence is taken if it seems like im just brushing off a suggestion for a modification. You guys have been amazing in helping me follow this dream.
I didn't mean that everyone's input is worthless.
Quite the opposite.
As always, great suggestions.

I meant that you want a M934 series truck.
And your sticking to your guns on it.

Alice

I know, I didn't mean for it to come across like that. I just wanted to make sure that everyone who's still here knows I owe them a thank you ;)

Mos68x

No worries! While I have more room to accomplish what I want since I've got 4acres, I'll not be needing more than the area the truck is occupying usually. I'm goin with the ISO frame on the truck so that I can build my "house" and not have to worry about special attachment points. I can take it off and drop it on the ground and continue building it while I move containers for other people too. Besides, when I finally get to where I want to be I can also drop my "house" and workshop again and do more container moving for other people.

red

Thats the same case for M934s you recon? I dont really know where id have the option to test drive both but it comes up i would certainly jump on it.

FYI for everyone asking, the reason im quite set on the M934s, is in part the expanding sides lets me use it for a wide (hehe) variety of needs have for the truck to be super functional little command centre of my own, but over all its pretty much the PERFECT size for everywhere i need to fit. I dont see how trailer options and such would suffice but i could be wrong. Im just going with that i know so far. Fuel economy is important but not #1 priority and as far as i know the m934 are not toooooooo bad
Cruising speed on the m939 series is about 50mph, 55mph with the a1, and about 60mph with the a2. The NHC250 engine in the m939 and a1 series likes to cruise at about 1700-2000rpm (cruising speed changed because of the taller tires), above that and it will guzzle the fuel. the 6CTA 8.3 liter in the a2 series likes to cruise at about 2100rpm for the best fuel economy.

The expansible sides of the shelter on the m934 don't quite slide out, they are a fold out design. The long wall slides out then you have to manually fold out the short walls at the front/back, followed by folding the roof up and floor down for the expanded sides. Not as convenient as the slide out design of typical campers. Just so you know with your planned camper layout.

Mos68x

Yup, hadn't really thought of that Red but certainly true.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...truck-expand-operation-instruction-data-plate

You can also look at WP0021-7 in the -10 owners manual as well for how to expand or close the body.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?168990-Updated-TMs-TBs-MWOs-for-the-M939

Not at all convenient for living in if you can't mount cabinets or anything to the walls. Mine didn't come with the body so it really didn't cross my mind at all. Since I had a cab chassis it was pretty easy for me to figure out what I wanted to do with mine.

red

Yup, hadn't really thought of that Red but certainly true.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...truck-expand-operation-instruction-data-plate

You can also look at WP0021-7 in the -10 owners manual as well for how to expand or close the body.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?168990-Updated-TMs-TBs-MWOs-for-the-M939

Not at all convenient for living in if you can't mount cabinets or anything to the walls. Mine didn't come with the body so it really didn't cross my mind at all. Since I had a cab chassis it was pretty easy for me to figure out what I wanted to do with mine.
Yea can't mount anything to the walls BUT (getting a bit creative) could mount them to the ceiling and floor of the main body on a roller system and move them into the expanded areas.

Expanding the shelter might not be necessary though for 1-2 living full time in it comfortably. Depends on each person.

Mos68x

True, the other thing is that by design they won't keep the rain out very well either, at least not like the slide out campers do even though they are far from perfect either. I figure my 20 ISO will be fine for me, 2 might be snug but 3 certainly would be. The cabin I'm building now is only a 10x20 and it just seems spacious, I'm curious how much the loss of 2 feet will feel when I build the next one.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is in part the expanding sides lets me use it for a wide (hehe) variety of needs have for the truck to be super functional little command centre of my own, but over all its pretty much the PERFECT size for everywhere i need to fit.
The walls are the floor and ceiling making it very difficult to set a floor plan, especially for things like plumbing... factor that into your design..

I dont see how trailer options and such would suffice but i could be wrong. Im just going with that i know so far.
The M927 and M934 use the extended wheelbase. You could remove the M146 box from the undercarriage and mount it on the chassis, and get an extra 40sq ft. and no wall/ceiling planning issues.
Fuel economy is important but not #1 priority and as far as i know the m934 are not toooooooo bad
FUEL.jpgtrip.jpg

That should give you a good idea.....

Mos68x

Wasn't sure if it was because of the box you had on the back or the possible NHC250 engine. I know mine will drop once I get a box on the back, I'm just curious by how much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks