• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General M934 How difficult is it to find repairs & how much will they set me back?

Mos68x

I say it again, matte-mother****ing-black. Buy some of your own pain and slap it on for sure, why hire someone else to have all the fun?
I wanna do flat black, but I have thought about what the weenie ( :p ) said about before. That's part of the reason that I was kickin the thought around about the green that was posted earlier. Definitely look like a party wagon then, I might have ta change the name to shaggin waggin ��

someoldmoose

Bob and Doug McKenzie on metric conversion - Take whatever it is ( degrees, gallons, pounds . . ) DOUBLE IT and add 30 - - - that 's metric

My "box top" is gonna be covered with solar panels and I actually thought, for a second about POLISHING the aluminum ( Alice, that 's A L U M I N E E U M to you, hehehe ) to reflect solar radiation ( and keep the Alien Y-rays outta my head ).

Last edited:

Alice

When it's 93 degrees inside your box and 62 degrees outside, don't say I didn't tell ya so....
That's 93 degrees American, BTW... :p
Lol good god, I would hope that's "American" lol she'd be dead if it was "Canadian" lol
Come up north, its ezi-brezi here for now. Maybe ill park it out by a hipster neighbourhood leave the paint out and put a sign up asking to NOT paint the truck. Might get a few phalluses drawn on at first but im sure one smart ass or another will be rebel enough to throw some paint on, but too stylish to do it poorly

Last edited:

Mos68x

Come up north, its ezi-brezi here for now. Maybe ill park it out by a hipster neighbourhood leave the paint out and put a sign up asking to NOT paint the truck. Might get a few phalluses drawn on at first but im sure one smart ass or another will be rebel enough to throw some paint on, but too stylish to do it poorly
I guess I'm too old for that look lol unless it's done to look like the hippie van flowers and shyte, mural style is cool too, seen a few of them that were cool. But those that are just the type where they write Mozo wuz here just look trashy, like trailer park trashy lol

Alice

Update: I regret to inform everyone that the lead i mentioned is dead, the guy wants $28k for it. RIP x_x Everyone point and laugh at Alice

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are dead set on a M934. I don't remember if you really stated your intended purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mos68x

I know your heart is set on the M934A2, but why not consider what I'm doing with mine? It will leave you much more flexible, in terms of truck setup lol git yer mind outta the gutter! It could even allow to to use it for money work as well if ya ever needed to.

Alice

Are dead set on a M934. I don't remember if you really stated your intended purpose?
I know your heart is set on the M934A2, but why not consider what I'm doing with mine? It will leave you much more flexible, in terms of truck setup lol git yer mind outta the gutter! It could even allow to to use it for money work as well if ya ever needed to.
M934 was always the goal. A0-2 im not too picky on but the less i will have to upgrade the better cause i legit dont have room for construction in my apartment. in any case $28k i dont care how ****ing spectacular the A2 is, thats pure greed. (especially since hes listed same one at 17k last year)

Mos68x

I was so set on the A2 for the CTIS and supersingles, but now I'm considering doing duals on the back. If I can find a way to make the CTIS still work with that then that would be awesome.

someoldmoose

Jb, am talking about so he can air up and down 6 valves, instead of 10. I guess ya could put a shut-off at each stem. Open, adjust pressure, and close. Just never seen a set-up like that. Had a Y-thingy for my dually pick ups and they were AWESOME. Air UP for loads, then way down for empty. Rode like a SRW truck.

Alice

Alice took a trip to the surface to regroup after the seller effectively pissed on my pool party. So now after a breath of fresh air im back on the search.

Mos68x

X, ya can always "connect" the valve stems on rear duals. . . Only downside, if ya lose one, ya lose both.
That's esetntially what I was thinkin of doing if I really wanted the CTIS on it.

You could use two separate wheel valves to prevent this.
Hadn't thought of that, but shouldn't be too hard to accomplish

Jb, am talking about so he can air up and down 6 valves, instead of 10. I guess ya could put a shut-off at each stem. Open, adjust pressure, and close. Just never seen a set-up like that. Had a Y-thingy for my dually pick ups and they were AWESOME. Air UP for loads, then way down for empty. Rode like a SRW truck.
I am already plannin on doin an Arduino type setup between the CTIS control head and the pressure sensors that read the tire pressure, that way I can run custom tire pressures. Still thinkin if I lose one tire in the rear I'll lose both instead though. The wheel valves are all mechanical, nothin electronic in them. The electronics essentially control the air pressure to that axle hub and the wheel valves can air up or down according to the pressure in the hub. Should make for an interesting thread either way lol

Alice took a trip to the surface to regroup after the seller effectively pissed on my pool party. So now after a breath of fresh air im back on the search.
Thats good girl! Don't give up! If ya want it bad enough you'll find it. I just suggested my type setup since it'll leave you more options to get a truck, and more options when you actually have and use the truck. As far as "construction", won't be anything you can't handle in an apartment, cause it wouldn't be no different than workin on the van body. Aside from that, I've seen too many fellas on here "complaining" while dealing with rotted sub-structure in the box trailers, which I'm sure is the same way the van body is built. I know I didn't want to deal with that headache so I figured a fresh design and build was a better option for me. Besides, I'm not after authenticity, I'm after end user functionality and useability

red

M934 was always the goal. A0-2 im not too picky on but the less i will have to upgrade the better cause i legit dont have room for construction in my apartment. in any case $28k i dont care how ****ing spectacular the A2 is, thats pure greed. (especially since hes listed same one at 17k last year)
Check on the facebook groups, there was a guy interested in selling his m934 for about 10k

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck tractor + several options for back half....

Advantages -

1) modular - use the ass end suited for today's job

2) or go bobtail and be FAR more maneuverable

3) cost

4) a bunch more, but I'm sleepy....

Last edited:

Alice

Thats good girl! Don't give up! If ya want it bad enough you'll find it. I just suggested my type setup since it'll leave you more options to get a truck, and more options when you actually have and use the truck. As far as "construction", won't be anything you can't handle in an apartment, cause it wouldn't be no different than workin on the van body. Aside from that, I've seen too many fellas on here "complaining" while dealing with rotted sub-structure in the box trailers, which I'm sure is the same way the van body is built. I know I didn't want to deal with that headache so I figured a fresh design and build was a better option for me. Besides, I'm not after authenticity, I'm after end user functionality and useability
Ill give up when im dead ;)
What sim really keep on is the expansible sides. If theres something that comes with the box thats looks interesting id take it. Gotta have that sweet ass roomy box

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks