• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AM General M934 How difficult is it to find repairs & how much will they set me back?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I can provide support the whole way if you have any issues. I am only about 5 hours drive from the St. Louis I55 corridor and I70. I recommend I70 to I69 and up. A lot more members along the 70 route and in thru Indiana. I can towbar it with no problem behind one of my 923s.

Alice

Tires will be your biggest concern for the initial trip. The 14.00x20"s that come on the a2's have the most blowouts. If it's Michelin XL, XML tires be very cautious because they are the common blowouts. Older tires with weak sidewalls and many were compromised by sitting for long periods of time with the tires flat.
The Michelin XZL and the Goodyear tires are much better quality, newer, and less prone to failure. Cruising at 55mph will help.
Ill asking whats it rocking and prepare acordingly :) Thank you.
I can provide support the whole way if you have any issues. I am only about 5 hours drive from the St. Louis I55 corridor and I70. I recommend I70 to I69 and up. A lot more members along the 70 route and in thru Indiana. I can towbar it with no problem behind one of my 923s.
No worries i wouldnt drag you all the way to Toronto ;) just hoping if ive massively overestimated my own capabilities that someone could help me figure out how to not flip the truck within 5 minutes of owning it.

Where in KS is the truck. If im not working and you need assistance feel free to hit me up.
785-224-0700
Its in Overland Park, south of Kansas City. That would be amazing! BUT no pressure if you you're busy its no problem! Anyone who would like to come out even just to say hi is more than welcome. Dinner (or whatever time it is) on me.

big block 88

Im in topeka just east of overland park. Im near I70 and willing to help if need be. If you need a rest or something you are welcome to come by also. If the you need room and tools to work on the truck my space is available also.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where in KS?

I'm about an hour north of Ft Riley. I've got mounted tires cheap - $150 for Michelin XZLs, datestamp 2003 70% tread or so. You want at least one spare with you, and preferably more.

If you're nearby, I'm willing to look the truck over and tell you what I see.

If it were me, I'd plan this as a 3-4 day trip in the truck. 400 miles per day is plenty...

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alice I looked at the pics of the truck, looks like you got a nice one. Right tires and good physical shape. Just take your time with the trip (rushing almost always causes problems) and enjoy it. I've undertaken several super long-distance trips and loved every one of them. Someone on here has a tag line "never had so much fun going so slow" and it is true! The truck will be able to go faster than you will want to. Slow down, enjoy. I get up to Toronto about once a quarter, would love to check in on it.

Alice

Im in topeka just east of overland park. Im near I70 and willing to help if need be. If you need a rest or something you are welcome to come by also. If the you need room and tools to work on the truck my space is available also.
Ohh that would be amazing thank you! Ill keep updating the thread for when im going and if you would be able to come out to see us or if i can bring to you for some advice that would be fantastic! <3 Thank you
Where in KS?
I'm about an hour north of Ft Riley. I've got mounted tires cheap - $150 for Michelin XZLs, datestamp 2003 70% tread or so. You want at least one spare with you, and preferably more.
If you're nearby, I'm willing to look the truck over and tell you what I see.
If it were me, I'd plan this as a 3-4 day trip in the truck. 400 miles per day is plenty...
Ill ask which ones hes got on it but i could always do with a spare for peace of mind as this is a long tip. Thanks Ill keep you in mind when im out there! I think its a good idea.
Who did you insure it with?
My canadian automotive company, nice steep ass rate for the new truck but its only temporary.
And happy motoring!
Ty!
Alice I looked at the pics of the truck, looks like you got a nice one. Right tires and good physical shape. Just take your time with the trip (rushing almost always causes problems) and enjoy it. I've undertaken several super long-distance trips and loved every one of them. Someone on here has a tag line "never had so much fun going so slow" and it is true! The truck will be able to go faster than you will want to. Slow down, enjoy. I get up to Toronto about once a quarter, would love to check in on it.
Whaaaaaat haha where did you find it? ;) Sneaaaaky i like it. As far as i was able to tell it is a beauty, needs some dusting up but in wicked shame, im so glad the guy im dealing with is a chilled and genuine dude. I hate buying anything from people with (dont judge me) "negative energy". There was a guy in Nevada selling an A2 really cheap but he was so rude and his truck was so neglected and beaten down with his own anti-gov graffiti, flags and weird **** i though "nahhhhhh not worth it"Oh if youre in Toronto please do pop by, always welcome.

I also took notice of his signature quote :)
"I never had so much fun going so slow" -Wildchild647

Last edited:

Another Ahab

I hate buying anything from people with (dont judge me) "negative energy". There was a guy in Nevada selling an A2 really cheap but he was so rude and his truck was so neglected and beaten down with his own anti-gov graffiti, flags and weird **** i though "nahhhhhh not worth it"Oh if youre in Toronto please do pop by, always welcome.
Some folk are just like that, could be the location.

You know, because of the heat.

It messes with you.

Makes you act strange sometimes.

ABC.jpg

Alice

Quick update for anyone who doesnt know and would like to, ive posted the little recap of the trip ive had with my sis on the road trip thread (https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ronto-M934-hauling-butt-and-crossing-boarders) But also wanted to thank you guys here. Looking back on when i started this post i didnt expect to get so much support. :) I hope anyone else looking into getting one of the 5tons can get use out of this thread, haha hopefully we've managed to stay somewhat on topic :D20622885_691352234409305_580315854_o.jpg

Cheers to everyone who's baby sat me through it all
https://youtu.be/VVMZvcoLhxw (how irresponsible)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks