• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

am having it with Electric fuel Pump mode, but what is Drain line ?

als804

hello
i am from south korea, there are some m1008 and m1009 from US ARMY. so my m1008 also.
here winter is coming so these days alot of cranking needed . i guess it is due to air lock in the fuel line.
because it's really easy to start the car that the last start is a day ago. but the car having lastly started more than a week is really difficult to start.
with this problem, i am planning to get it with ELECTRIC fuel pump which i already have. 4~7 psi.

today i checked my car's fuel line. but some weird lines revealed.
i wanna install the electric fuel pump at Position B in Picture. but it's hard to get there positionally. so i will install POSITION A. is it OKAY ?
can you tell me what is feed line in 3rd picture? i think the bottom line in 3rd picture would be feed line.

and one of Hard Lines is blocked. i don't know this. with searching i found it is "Drain tube" but i don't know its function.
is this supposed to be blocked? can you tell me how it works ? and necessory?

THE FIRST PICTURE is for letting you know where. the 2nd is B in 1st Pic. the 3rd is A .
C.jpg
A.jpg
B.jpg

Last edited:

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello
i am from south korea, there are some m1008 and m1009 from US ARMY. so my m1008 also.
here winter is coming so these days alot of cranking needed . i guess it is due to air lock in the fuel line.
because it's really easy to start the car that the last start is a day ago. but the car having lastly started more than a week is really difficult to start.
with this problem, i am planning to get it with ELECTRIC fuel pump which i already have. 4~7 psi.

today i checked my car's fuel line. but some weird lines revealed.
i wanna install the electric fuel pump at Position B in Picture. but it's hard to get there positionally. so i will install POSITION A. is it OKAY ?
can you tell me what is feed line in 3rd picture? i think the bottom line in 3rd picture would be feed line.

and one of Hard Lines is blocked. i don't know this. with searching i found it is "Drain tube" but i don't know its function.
is this supposed to be blocked? can you tell me how it works ? and necessory?

THE FIRST PICTURE is for letting you know where. the 2nd is B in 1st Pic. the 3rd is A .
View attachment 815442
View attachment 815443
View attachment 815444
I think you should replace the rusted and rotted fuel lines first. That's probably the source of your problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks