• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

am having it with Electric fuel Pump mode, but what is Drain line ?

als804

hello
i am from south korea, there are some m1008 and m1009 from US ARMY. so my m1008 also.
here winter is coming so these days alot of cranking needed . i guess it is due to air lock in the fuel line.
because it's really easy to start the car that the last start is a day ago. but the car having lastly started more than a week is really difficult to start.
with this problem, i am planning to get it with ELECTRIC fuel pump which i already have. 4~7 psi.

today i checked my car's fuel line. but some weird lines revealed.
i wanna install the electric fuel pump at Position B in Picture. but it's hard to get there positionally. so i will install POSITION A. is it OKAY ?
can you tell me what is feed line in 3rd picture? i think the bottom line in 3rd picture would be feed line.

and one of Hard Lines is blocked. i don't know this. with searching i found it is "Drain tube" but i don't know its function.
is this supposed to be blocked? can you tell me how it works ? and necessory?

THE FIRST PICTURE is for letting you know where. the 2nd is B in 1st Pic. the 3rd is A .
C.jpg
A.jpg
B.jpg

Last edited:

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hello
i am from south korea, there are some m1008 and m1009 from US ARMY. so my m1008 also.
here winter is coming so these days alot of cranking needed . i guess it is due to air lock in the fuel line.
because it's really easy to start the car that the last start is a day ago. but the car having lastly started more than a week is really difficult to start.
with this problem, i am planning to get it with ELECTRIC fuel pump which i already have. 4~7 psi.

today i checked my car's fuel line. but some weird lines revealed.
i wanna install the electric fuel pump at Position B in Picture. but it's hard to get there positionally. so i will install POSITION A. is it OKAY ?
can you tell me what is feed line in 3rd picture? i think the bottom line in 3rd picture would be feed line.

and one of Hard Lines is blocked. i don't know this. with searching i found it is "Drain tube" but i don't know its function.
is this supposed to be blocked? can you tell me how it works ? and necessory?

THE FIRST PICTURE is for letting you know where. the 2nd is B in 1st Pic. the 3rd is A .
View attachment 815442
View attachment 815443
View attachment 815444
I think you should replace the rusted and rotted fuel lines first. That's probably the source of your problems.