• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Am I having a pipe dream?

nk14zp

I know a guy ( not saying who - hes been on the site) runs 100% waste oil, trans fluid with a little 90 weight in his daily runner for over 2 years. He has a complete waste pressurized purification system and takes about 5 minutes to process 1 gallon. He admits a little less power using the mixture but added a Pyro and reset the fuel intake setting, making it a little less noticeable and adding power to his truck.

I have to get into the same mind set that every abandoned vehicle/truck is a potential fueling
station for my trucks when the s**t hits the fan.

I just have to be prepared in the event it happens. :roll:
I know a guy ( not saying who - hes been on the site) runs 100% waste oil, trans fluid with a little 90 weight in his daily runner for over 2 years. He has a complete waste pressurized purification system and takes about 5 minutes to process 1 gallon. He admits a little less power using the mixture but added a Pyro and reset the fuel intake setting, making it a little less noticeable and adding power to his truck.

I have to get into the same mind set that every abandoned vehicle/truck is a potential fueling
station for my trucks when the s**t hits the fan.

I just have to be prepared in the event it happens. :roll:
I know a guy ( not saying who - hes been on the site) Who makes double posts.rofl

Flyingvan911

It's the highway tax they are talking about not the sales tax. Motor oil only has the sales tax, but fuel has both sales tax and highway tax.:x

The problem I have with the tax is a simple one.....when you plug your little smart, green, eco friendly, little gas/electric hybrid in to the wall.....do you claim the "highway tax" on the electrical part that you car runs down the road on? How can they get away without having to pay their share of the highway tax? As I see it I am only helping my vehicle get better gas mileage!!
In Missouri you have to pay extra each year for your plates if your vehicle runs on electricity or some other alternative fuel. I think hybrids are exempt. The DMV accidentally put my 2008 E-150 down as electric. I had them change it.

If your tax man is on top of things they will get theirs no matter what. They want people to conserve then they get mad when tax revenue goes down.

After the great Mayan apocolypse of 2012, when I take my rightful place as dictator of the zombies, I will change the system. rofl

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When was the last time the tax man knocked on your door?
They don't knock on your door. They pull you over and dip the tank. It's happened to me several times in the past (not in the deuce). When they stop you they are looking for red dyed fuel (off-road fuel). I have no idea what they would do if it comes up black. I would suspect they would send it off for analysis at the very least.

The way I understand it, some states have a form to fill out for running alternative fuels and some let you run up to a certain gallon amount non-tax.

I don't think you're going to get much help from the environmentalist running WMO. While you are helping save fossil fuels, the smoke coming out of your stack is going to be awfully dirty compared to EPA standards.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Just keep your fuel receipts in the glove box and if you get stopped you have proof that you have paid fuel tax.

I do not run "alternative fuel" in my deuce......I run a "fuel additive" made from liquid flammable waste that extends the milage of the taxed fuel (diesel and gas) that I burn.

At least that's what I am going to tell the judge.

tco3129

After the great Mayan apocolypse of 2012, when I take my rightful place as dictator of the zombies, I will change the system.
Sorry but that position has been taken BY ME !
(or are the zombies just a figment of my imagination. OMG I may not have anyone to rule !)
I drive either my bobber or deuce EVERY DAY with my own fuel mix modified according to weather. I sold my pickup after I got the bobber on the road. BTW Uncle Sam, don't believe my avatar. I live and drive uh, in uh, Montana, that's it MONTANA :wink::wink:

tco3129

I might add about the daily driver, If they both fail to start or run I can still walk the 1 1/2 miles to work. No problem. My wife has her Jeep for groceries and such. I would think hard about an MV for a daily driver if I had a longer commute. Job comes first in that respect.:beer:

ccf460

I drive about 14 miles, every 3rd day (firefighter), I have a newer crew cab cummins dodge,
my plan was to sell it after getting the cucv to run on wmo, now hoping a deuce will help with my idea. I was also planning to buy an ex-police interceptor as a backup for daily driving. I own the dodge outright , so I am planning a surplus of funds, to help tweak the deuce/crown vic.

WildDeuce

If your tax man is on top of things they will get theirs no matter what. They want people to conserve then they get mad when tax revenue goes down.

After the great Mayan apocolypse of 2012, when I take my rightful place as dictator of the zombies, I will change the system. rofl

:not worthy:

59apache

Chipmaker
btt...

if you get caught in germany with other stuff than taxed diesel you pay.....
from the day you bought the vehicle, for every gallon the vehicle has (maybe?) consumed. they simply assume you allways run on non-taxed fuel.

its contolled by the (jobless) border patrol (customs). one day they walk in my yard and want to check all vehicles....no matter farm or road. excavator, agri tractor, fork lift. find nothing and walked away (p...d off).

hdmax

Did you not get the memo? As of January 1, 2012 any and all road use is taxable by law. Even if you shall walk, you must then pay a fuel tax on the food, and drink you ingest. As well as a Federal Excise Tax on the shoes you were wearing for those said trips. It is all right here on the internet. (Well it is now!)

I might add about the daily driver, If they both fail to start or run I can still walk the 1 1/2 miles to work. No problem. My wife has her Jeep for groceries and such. I would think hard about an MV for a daily driver if I had a longer commute. Job comes first in that respect.:beer:

tco3129

Finally got memo. CURSES, FOILED AGAIN, I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME TAXMAN.
(Or is the Taxman just a figment of my (or someone elses) imagination?)aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks