• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amazing how much difference some 2cycle makes.

My 1008 had 35,000 on the clock when i bought it im roughly 5th or 6th owner since it was retired from the air force the 2 cycle oil does work i do it about everyother fill up it made a real diffrence in the way it ran thats for sure :-D

i hope you are not using that particular oil since i believe its synthetic and i don't think you should use synthetic in a diesel as a fuel additive according to other posts i have read on this site. i use tcw3 xd 25 evirude/johnson about 1 qt to a tank full. made a huge diffrence here as well.[/QUOTE/

FYI Johnson/ Evinrude quit making XD25 a few years ago. They replaced it with XD30. It's basically the same thing. Quicksilver (Mercury) Premium Plus is a synthetic Blend, part regular oil, part synthetic. Quicksilver Premium is comparable to the XD30. I wouldn't put Walmart, or any other off-brand 2 cycle oil in anything that I value. I have seen too many outboards and jet skis that use lower grade oils wear out prematurely.

mr.travo

QuickSilver-- Check your torque converter bolts. Pull them out and locktite them back in (torque to spec). Finding out that these motors love to back them out on you. It can/will cause the vibration. Also, change all your u-joints and transmission filter change. Doesn't take long and is a GOOD thing to do so you know it's done (and done right).

QuickSilver

QuickSilver-- Check your torque converter bolts. Pull them out and locktite them back in (torque to spec). Finding out that these motors love to back them out on you. It can/will cause the vibration. Also, change all your u-joints and transmission filter change. Doesn't take long and is a GOOD thing to do so you know it's done (and done right).
Good suggestion. Thanks bud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks