• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amazing how much difference some 2cycle makes.

My 1008 had 35,000 on the clock when i bought it im roughly 5th or 6th owner since it was retired from the air force the 2 cycle oil does work i do it about everyother fill up it made a real diffrence in the way it ran thats for sure :-D

i hope you are not using that particular oil since i believe its synthetic and i don't think you should use synthetic in a diesel as a fuel additive according to other posts i have read on this site. i use tcw3 xd 25 evirude/johnson about 1 qt to a tank full. made a huge diffrence here as well.[/QUOTE/

FYI Johnson/ Evinrude quit making XD25 a few years ago. They replaced it with XD30. It's basically the same thing. Quicksilver (Mercury) Premium Plus is a synthetic Blend, part regular oil, part synthetic. Quicksilver Premium is comparable to the XD30. I wouldn't put Walmart, or any other off-brand 2 cycle oil in anything that I value. I have seen too many outboards and jet skis that use lower grade oils wear out prematurely.

mr.travo

QuickSilver-- Check your torque converter bolts. Pull them out and locktite them back in (torque to spec). Finding out that these motors love to back them out on you. It can/will cause the vibration. Also, change all your u-joints and transmission filter change. Doesn't take long and is a GOOD thing to do so you know it's done (and done right).

QuickSilver

QuickSilver-- Check your torque converter bolts. Pull them out and locktite them back in (torque to spec). Finding out that these motors love to back them out on you. It can/will cause the vibration. Also, change all your u-joints and transmission filter change. Doesn't take long and is a GOOD thing to do so you know it's done (and done right).
Good suggestion. Thanks bud.